VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 03:29:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UAB is 6-1, but against a woefully bad schedule  (Read 1393 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2019, 06:02:26 EDT »

They have actually played two BCS winless teams.  Not sure what the odds of that are, but would seem to be small.

Here is their record:

Beat Alabama State 3-4 FCS team
Beat Akron              0-8
Beat S. Alabama      1-7
Lost to WKU            4-3
Beat Rice                0-8
Beat UTSA              3-4
Beat ODU               1-7

So...not a single P5 team. Haven't beaten anyone with a winning record.  Loss was to a team barely over 500.  I would add that ODU is a recent upgrade from FCS, but so is Ga State, lol.

Combined record is 13-37 or 0.260  .  If you drop the FCS team, it goes to 10-33 or 0.233.

We should be able to handle them.  Of course, we all know what happened in the opener, but so do the coaches and team,  I don't see that happening again.  Still, I am defintiely not going to take them lightly, but their record is certainly misleading.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 06:34:16 EDT »

UAB could've beaten us last year but that team was loaded with JUCOs. They're still very well-coached but, yes, this year they've racked up wins against a weak schedule. People are looking at their record and expecting a close game. I don't think it'll be close at all. We should handle them. The line is Tennessee -10.5 right now. If I were a betting man, I'd be all over that one.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 02:35:16 EDT »

This game is obviously more about TN than it is UAB.  If we keep playing like we've been playing this past month, it won't be close.  If we don't and somehow we revert back to start of season Vols then we'll be in trouble.  But, I don't see that happening.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2019, 05:25:57 EDT »

We will see what the maturity of this team is by the end of the first quarter....I expect it will be on the positive side. But....We've lined up the last few weeks against FL...UGA...Miss State....Bama and USC. It's very hard as coaches to keep the teams focus 100% when the schedule shows UAB. This is the type game that maturity really comes into play.

BTW: Georgia State is currently 6-2.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 04:06:17 EDT »

We will see what the maturity of this team is by the end of the first quarter....I expect it will be on the positive side. But....We've lined up the last few weeks against FL...UGA...Miss State....Bama and USC. It's very hard as coaches to keep the teams focus 100% when the schedule shows UAB. This is the type game that maturity really comes into play.

BTW: Georgia State is currently 6-2.

Yes,Ga state is 6-2.  I still think UAB is a bit better than them, but the Ga State record just emphasizes how important it is to not take any opponent for granted.  Their record last year was much worse, I think 2-10, but any team can improve year to year.

Hopefully the team will look at this game as a chance for Ga State redemption.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: