VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 06:20:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Tailgate Notices  (Read 9255 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:37:27 EDT »

We are currently looking at the tailgate location since The Credit Union is doing some things but will probably be in the same place as last year>  I will try to keep everyone apprised of where are going to be.  For the first game I have already made a plan......

One of my loves in cooking is doing a Fusion of Southern methods of prep or Southern materials with a different style of prep than Southerners normally do.  This year for the first game will see a return of the Music City Bowl Gyro Fest with some great Lamb and Beef Gyros but (wait for it) the twist will be is that I am going to smoke the meat after marinating in the gyro seasoning mixture.  By using some milder woods I think a new great gyro sandwich can be developed that will make the tzatiki sauce even better with the meat and the meat will be tender and delicious. 

So keep a watch on this site for more Tailgate updates and we will see you the first week in September.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 09:26:54 EDT »

It's official, we're going to avg. 250 yds rushing per game.  :-D
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 12:29:49 EDT »

We are currently looking at the tailgate location since The Credit Union is doing some things but will probably be in the same place as last year>  I will try to keep everyone apprised of where are going to be.  For the first game I have already made a plan......

One of my loves in cooking is doing a Fusion of Southern methods of prep or Southern materials with a different style of prep than Southerners normally do.  This year for the first game will see a return of the Music City Bowl Gyro Fest with some great Lamb and Beef Gyros but (wait for it) the twist will be is that I am going to smoke the meat after marinating in the gyro seasoning mixture.  By using some milder woods I think a new great gyro sandwich can be developed that will make the tzatiki sauce even better with the meat and the meat will be tender and delicious. 

So keep a watch on this site for more Tailgate updates and we will see you the first week in September.
I'm in - they were GREAT at the MCB!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 02:29:35 EDT »

... since The Credit Union is doing some things ...

What things?  Expanding the size of the building (thus reducing size of parking lot) ... or something else?

Haven't been there in 4 yr.  ... but still, I'm curious.  Might attend a game-or-two this season.  So, thanks for any info. 

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 12:56:44 EDT »

What things?  Expanding the size of the building (thus reducing size of parking lot) ... or something else?

Haven't been there in 4 yr.  ... but still, I'm curious.  Might attend a game-or-two this season.  So, thanks for any info. 

Hey X -- I will probably be missing some games this year as I'm pretty busy with stuff here at home.  I have 1 seat now (sold the other 3), so if you need a ticket to any game, just let me know...I may have 1 for you. 

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 06:52:21 EDT »

I'm in - they were GREAT at the MCB!

I had you down for three Gyros......already before you put your thumb in!!

EmerilVOL

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 06:52:58 EDT »

Not such drastic changes....just some different things and we are loooking at alternatives

EmerilVOL

UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 07:22:44 EDT »

Put me down for one Gyro, that is if I can have someone bring it to me.
 I can't walk that far from one tailgate to the other. 

I'm pretty sure that the TRO tailgate will be open for most if not all games.   

XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 03:33:53 EDT »

Hey X -- I will probably be missing some games this year as I'm pretty busy with stuff here at home.  I have 1 seat now (sold the other 3), so if you need a ticket to any game, just let me know...I may have 1 for you. 

THANKS!!! I'll keep it in mind!        
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 04:16:32 EDT »

Put me down for one Gyro, that is if I can have someone bring it to me.
 I can't walk that far from one tailgate to the other. 

I'm pretty sure that the TRO tailgate will be open for most if not all games.   

Mom, for you we offer drive-up service! Just let us know when you're coming off Alcoa Hwy onto the strip and someone will meet you on White Ave. with your order!!! Sound good? (Tips accepted!)

G   
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 05:38:46 EDT »

I was thinking more of someone bringing it to me at TRO's tailgate.  After all I have to sit outside and protect the site while everyone else in in the stadium.      

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 07:41:41 EDT »

I was thinking more of someone bringing it to me at TRO's tailgate.  After all I have to sit outside and protect the site while everyone else in in the stadium.      

Uh, you want the napkin draped over my left or right arm? Gloves?  (We're talkin' Bennnjaaamins now, Honey!) 

G   
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 04:03:48 EDT »

Tux, Tails, and a glass of wine with that.   

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 04:55:22 EDT »

Tux, Tails, and a glass of wine with that.   

Well, now you've gone and made it too attractive to share! I think I'll just eat the gyro and drink the wine myself!

You sound just like my s2bx; her idea of camping is a hotel with no room service!      

G   
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 08:41:14 EDT »

Mine is a little bit more campy then hers.  I only want indoor plumbing, and black and white tv. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: