VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 04:35:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Cigar Post: Rocky Patel 1961 Edge Double Corona (7 1/2 x 52) ---->  (Read 11725 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2011, 07:11:45 EDT »

I've smoked a few of these and guys, you are either going to have to be alone or with someone who enjoys cigars or their aroma as you smoke (Or until you've bathed, brushed, rinsed, gargled and put on clean clothes) for a long 3 hour cigar. below I'll add the site for the cigar, but you may have to back out and enter your age.

This is a large cigar that comes in several wrappers. I'm not that deep into it, but I can spot a Connecticut wrapper and the first Edge I had was a light colored wrapper. The rest have been chocolate brown wrappers with a reddish, oily tint. I don't think I've let one rest in my humidor longer than 6 weeks and most of my stogies are purchased from Smokin' Joe's stores in the Knoxville area. I'm comfortable with the correct humidity.

These have some seams visible near the head, but I've never had one unravel and always cut with a Xicar cutter (hate that unraveling) which you know is sharp. There are some small visible viens but a smooth touch and the cigar is moderately heavy with a firm feel. Pre-light aroma is immeadiate with chocolate and coffee smells.

I need to admit here that I'm kind of cigar-snobbish as I never light a cigar by drawing on it. I use a propane "flame thower" toasting the cigar until lit. the only reason I do that is that if I'm gonna spend $10+'s on a few cigars, I DO NOT WANT TO TASTE BUTANE!

The Edge lights well and there's a slight resistance to the draw, but the result is a large volume of smoke. A silky-smooth smoke yeilds medium-full bodied flavors of chocolate, cinnamon and other spices. Tonight, I've been smoking this cigar for over 3 hours and it gives the same pleasure, without the body getting too hot, throughout the smoke. The cigar will stay lit with no attention for 4-5 minutes and leaves a long salt-and-pepper ash.

I hate this time of night; it's time to snuff the cigar. Obviously, time for bed (cigar stench and all!).

Enjoy a few of these for around $8-9. I usually have a few $6 and under cigars each week, but I do like to throw in at least one/two $7-8ers and one fine cigar hopefully under $12 and the Edge is doing the trick for me these days.

Let me know what you think and reccommend.

G (we need a cigar smokin' emicon!)

Here's the website:

http://www.rockypatel.com/rockytv/index.php?video_tab=2&video_id=8

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:14:04 EDT by GreggO » Logged
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:07:30 EDT »

Great review!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:02:55 EDT »

Nice! The Edge is now on my list. Which wrapper do you prefer?

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:27:54 EDT by Stogie Vol » Logged
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 03:23:58 EDT »

Nice! The Edge is now on my list. Which wrapper do you prefer?

I don't know. If you been in Joe's on Papermill Rd. then you know the set-up; they can have several cigars of the same brand in the same box on the shelf. I know I've smoked two of the wrappers, but they were both in the same box (?!?). Either way, I enjoyed them both.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 03:47:32 EDT »

I tried a wine-flavored Black & Mild for the first time this weekend. It was good.

Didn't last 3 hours though. I'm feeling ripped off.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 04:48:07 EDT »

I tried a wine-flavored Black & Mild for the first time this weekend. It was good.

Didn't last 3 hours though. I'm feeling ripped off.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 05:31:16 EDT »

WHAT?!? So my cigar reviews aren't welcome here? 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 06:11:03 EDT »

Yeah, they are.

You can also put your Boone's Farm reviews under droner's "What's droner drinking?" posts from now on. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 06:12:23 EDT »

I prefer grape or cherry flavored, myself.  
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 06:23:41 EDT »

Yeah, they are.

You can also put your Boone's Farm reviews under droner's "What's droner drinking?" posts from now on. 

Boone's Farm? Only on a special occasion, buddy. What do you think I'm made of, gold?
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 07:11:11 EDT »

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=115086478507441
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 09:47:12 EDT »

Yeah, they are.

On a cold day in hell. 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 12:51:57 EDT »

On a cold day in hell. 

Okay, that settles it. Revolver, if you'll block his moderator ability to delete my posts, I'll hijack post some good wine reviews on his posts. 
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 07:49:56 EDT »

Okay, that settles it. Revolver, if you'll block his moderator ability to delete my posts, I'll hijack post some good wine reviews on his posts. 

If you say Boone's Farm Strawberry 1969 was a great year, this former 13yo will personally hunt you down for the hangover it gave me! It still haunts me! How did green puke come from red-colored wine? Why should a 13yo have a hangover? No good reason, but Boone's Farm was involved. (If I'd had enough cigarettes, beer and weed, no hangover at all. [you know I'm kidding?]).

Really though, I did drink some of that when I was 15 and it did give me major bad issues in the morning. It always seemed as your mother knew all, didn't it? All my mother had to do was look at me and she knew Boone's Farm was involved. That look kept me out of a lot of trouble, I suppose.

Cherry Vodka was my first drunk!  Bought it on Suck Creek Rd., at the foot of Siganal Mtn., along the river and just over the county line at Granny's, a bootlegger. $2.50/half pint. Never drank that skank again! Rode on the back of a Honda 65 motorcycle and stuffed our pockets in the January cold bringing back orders for our soon-to-be drunken brothers.

Granny didn't sell cigars. Junior might have wrapped something, though.

Opus X coming to Smokin' Joe's Alcoa July 28th, I believe. Arturo Fuente's daughter is bringing in two boxes (of 32) of Opus X Perfecto A's which is about a 9 inch cigar with a ring guage of around 52. The cost is going to be $30 a stick, which is $10 off. Starts at 4:30. You get nothing more becuase I want to be in line before you get there. Actually, I think the first 64 folks in line are going to get one stick. But, she's bringing other goodies, so come on down!

Bed-time!

G
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 01:47:46 EDT »

Yeah, they are.

Oh hell nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

We might as well be drinking Champipple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: