VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 04:55:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two?  (Read 6220 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 03:15:56 EDT »

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/07/sec-commitment-comparison-71111/
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 03:34:36 EDT »

Our '12 recruiting class is a huge concern right now...at least to me. I trust that Dooley knows what he is doing, but he and his staff obviously have some serious work to do in the next few months.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 04:10:30 EDT »

I think it's due to negative recruiting from the other schools regarding NCAA punishments.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 06:33:24 EDT »

I think it's due to negative recruiting from the other schools regarding NCAA punishments.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I believe you are correct, Boss, plus with limited numbers available the staff has to be pretty selective on whom they are offering and taking committments from right now from a specific needs standpoint.  They can't afford to take any projects at this point.   

Honestly, I am not worried about this staff and recruiting.  They will be fine before all is said and done.  They simply have some issues beyond their control that they have to work around right now.  
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:35:28 EDT by 101stDad » Logged
10EC
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:04:17 EDT »

I believe you are correct, Boss, plus with limited numbers available the staff has to be pretty selective on whom they are offering and taking committments from right now from a specific needs standpoint.  They can't afford to take any projects at this point.   

Honestly, I am not worried about this staff and recruiting.  They will be fine before all is said and done.  They simply have some issues beyond their control that they have to work around right now.  

When does the NCAA deliver the rulings?
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:10:13 EDT »

When does the NCAA deliver the rulings?

Only the NCAA knows for sure, but the best guestimates I have heard put the announcement sometime between the start of fall camp and the second or third game of the season. 

10EC
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 08:22:20 EDT »

Only the NCAA knows for sure, but the best guestimates I have heard put the announcement sometime between the start of fall camp and the second or third game of the season. 

Wow, the timing is bad.  Still, this is all about hostessgate only isn't it?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:26:53 EDT »

Well whatever the reason, our football training facility to verbal commitment ratio is way in the red. :-/
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 03:49:25 EDT »

Yeah, with no attrition, they can only sign like 12 players anyway... I'm sure we'll get up to 18 or so by the time it's all over, but we're not looking at a big class.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: