VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 05:17:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's droner drinking tonight?....  (Read 2723 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 12:23:03 EDT »

Thanks for asking! 

One bottle tonight to get back up to speed.

Louis Armond Vouvray (2010)($11.00)
A French white that's 100% Chenin Blanc. Fruity and medium-bodied, technically dry but theres a nice off-dry quality followed by a tart and tangy acidity on the finish. Many people remember the "Chenin Blanc" jug wines of the 70's* and don't know that many excellent wines are made with this grape varietal. The Vouvray region of the Loire Valley produces the best. Tonight's wine is an excellent sipper with an alcohol level of 12%.

*Inglenook was my favorite. Not bad. It was the at the beginning of my interest in wine. Chenin Blanc was the most widely grown white grape in California until the growing popularity of Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc changed things in the 70's. Also, the quality of the Chenin Blanc wines was less than stellar due to the producers concentrating more on quantity. A lot of jugs were being sold.

RockyMtnVol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 04:13:56 EDT »

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 05:23:01 EDT »

I thank you. My kidney thanks you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print