VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 02:14:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: American women give game to Japan  (Read 2673 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2011, 11:44:00 EDT »

Dang, thought they had it.  The first goal by Japan should never have happened.  As a person who has played D in soccer, the most ELEMENTARY thing is "never clear the ball towards the goal" but that's the exact stupid thing our defender did.  She might as well get credit for an assist.

Oh well, it was a nice run by our lady team.  Better luck next time.

No matter what, I can look forward to several years of Alex Morgan playing.   

http://www.thesportsbrewery.com/xyz/other-sports/soccer-other-sports/i-have-found-a-reason-to-watch-the-u-s-womens-world-cup-i-give-you-alex-morgan

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:07 EDT »

The ONLY women's soccer game I've ever watched, and it ends this way. 

Kinda glad, though ... I didn't need another sport to follow, so the disappointment will veer me away.   
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 EDT »

Yep, many chances to put it out of reach, and many chances to stop comeback hopes for Japan.  And worst penalty kick exhibition I have ever seen.  That said, as wrapped in the flag as I get for any sports event, I can't help but feel OK for Japan--if an American team had done the same after such a national tragedy, we would have all been saying it was a team of destiny, embodiment of the American spirit, etc.  So congrats to Japan, a team of destiny and the embodiment of Japanese spirit.  And, while I have the flag partially undraped, congrats to Darren Clarke, I know the British Open win means far more to him than it could possibly mean to Dustin Johnson or Phil, plus he is a great guy. 

OK, enough of this crap---USA!  USA!  USA!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: