VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 05:18:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UT has gotten two commits today  (Read 3635 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2011, 06:56:49 EDT »

4-star WR Drae Bowles from Jackson and 3-star LB Justin King from Dunwoody GA. King could play Safety or LB at the college level. Per VQ and multiple Twitter sources.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 06:59:09 EDT »

Doubled our tally in one fell swoop...  

Seriously, though...those are two nice gets. Especially Bowles. We're really stocking up on WRs. It's like the late '80s all over again. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 07:07:57 EDT by BigOrange Maniac » Logged
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 07:10:33 EDT »

Doubled our tally in one fell swoop...  

Seriously, though...those are two nice gets. Especially Bowles. We're really stocking up on WRs. It's like the late '80s all over again. 

We just need to get some bona fide DL in this next class and we should be set to make a real push towards contention again.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 07:12:48 EDT »

Also technically King is rated as an ATH not a LB.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 07:17:55 EDT »

Tackles and LB's. If we get that, all our guys will need is experience then.

2012 may be the year we get back into contention for the East but 2013 will be the year we should have a fully stocked cupboard that doesn't have to include true freshmen.  

We will have a beast of o-line by then. Guys averaging 320+ across the front and 2 deep. People are lamenting the stars and lack of early committments but I am excited about the direction of the program and am very excited to see what happens this year. If our QB play is better like we hope and the DL does better then I think we will surprise this year. Not 10 wins surprise but going .500 in conference and maybe steal a game.

If our offense is better like we hope it will be, it will help our defense tremendously!
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 07:19:10 EDT »

That's positive. I think the season will be a strong selling point.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: