VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 01:54:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: so....it is very possible  (Read 14741 times)
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2011, 09:27:53 EDT »

That Peyton could be a free agent this season??? Who can I slap if the Titans get him???? 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 09:33:50 EDT »

The question is, who here would be a Colts fan if he was no longer a Colt?   I'm admittedly a Peyton fan, myself... Secondly to Dallas.

I personally can't imagine him playing for anyone besides Indy.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 09:43:08 EDT »

The question is, who here would be a Colts fan if he was no longer a Colt?   I'm admittedly a Peyton fan, myself... Secondly to Dallas.

Me if he takes his greedy @$$ to the Titans.  I am a fan of a lot of the Colts players. Badword him for putting me through this.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 09:47:44 EDT »

He'll never go to the Titans IMO.

He'll be a Colt.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 09:51:18 EDT »

He'll never go to the Titans IMO.

He'll be a Colt.

I hope so but the 3HL guys really had me going about this yesterday.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 09:56:17 EDT »

I hope so but the 3HL guys really had me going about this yesterday.

I don't understand why the Titans would sign Peyton when they are going to invest money in Locker. If you sign Peyton you are making a commitment to him that he will be the QB as long as he wants to. Peyton is not as much of a drama queen as Favre but that's the kind of situation you might have in 4 years.

Plus, while I will defend Bud as not being cheap, he's not going to spend that kind of money on any one player. Not even Peyton.

Your mistake is listening to 104.5. I've just about sworn off of all the shows. Clay Travis used to be funny until he started swinging from James Franklin's nads. The morning show is damn near unlistenable if Kuharsky isn't on and Plaster is heading towards Chris Berman territory where he's a caricature of what he used to be. And Willy is the biggest anti-UT person ever.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:59:09 EDT »

I would still be a Colts fan. I've been a Colts fan since I was a kid. And we all know how many years ago that was.

Peyton playing for the Colts just made it better.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 10:04:01 EDT »

I don't understand why the Titans would sign Peyton when they are going to invest money in Locker. If you sign Peyton you are making a commitment to him that he will be the QB as long as he wants to. Peyton is not as much of a drama queen as Favre but that's the kind of situation you might have in 4 years.

Plus, while I will defend Bud as not being cheap, he's not going to spend that kind of money on any one player. Not even Peyton.

Your mistake is listening to 104.5. I've just about sworn off of all the shows. Clay Travis used to be funny until he started swinging from James Franklin's nads. The morning show is damn near unlistenable if Kuharsky isn't on and Plaster is heading towards Chris Berman territory where he's a caricature of what he used to be. And Willy is the biggest anti-UT person ever.

I rarely listen to it at all.  I was flipping channels yesterday and heard Peyton's name so I stopped.:)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2011, 10:06:26 EDT »

I rarely listen to it at all.  I was flipping channels yesterday and heard Peyton's name so I stopped.:)

Good. I've never been more disappointed in 104.5 than I have in the last year. I thought when they became the midstate station for UT Sports that we'd get more UT coverage... not necessarily UT love, but at least more UT-centric segments on talk shows etc. But they've just gotten worse. I still tune in for Titans talk but anytime they start talking about MTSU and Vandy I switch it to music.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2011, 10:08:14 EDT »

1) The Titans haven't signed Locker yet so they could theoretically trade him.

2) Peyton would be wise to not break the bank if wants another championship.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2011, 10:11:09 EDT »

Good. I've never been more disappointed in 104.5 than I have in the last year. I thought when they became the midstate station for UT Sports that we'd get more UT coverage... not necessarily UT love, but at least more UT-centric segments on talk shows etc. But they've just gotten worse. I still tune in for Titans talk but anytime they start talking about MTSU and Vandy I switch it to music.

They need competition....as a whole Nashville radio sucks.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 10:20:30 EDT »

I'd love to see Peyton in a Titans uniform. I would still be a Colts fan, though. I started following them because of Manning but came to admire the organization as a whole. (Though, admittedly, a great bit of that was due to Dungy and some of the other players who have already moved on.)
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 10:24:25 EDT »

I'd love to see Peyton in a Titans uniform. I would still be a Colts fan, though. I started following them because of Manning but came to admire the organization as a whole. (Though, admittedly, a great bit of that was due to Dungy and some of the other players who have already moved on.)
Peyton throwing to Britt sickens me.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2011, 10:28:33 EDT »

I rarely listen to it at all.  I was flipping channels yesterday and heard Peyton's name so I stopped.:)

104.5?  I thought you said you were listening to a sports station. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2011, 11:35:37 EDT »

So does this mean Peyton is, well not necessarily unhappy, but not dead set on spending the rest of his career in Indy?
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 12:06:47 EDT »

I would still be a Colts fan. I've been a Colts fan since I was a kid. And we all know how many years ago that was.

Peyton playing for the Colts just made it better.

Me too droner!   Been a Colts fan forever (I'm almost as old as you -- maybe even older!  HA!!)  -- I'd still be a  Colts fan.  Will be a Peyton fan wherever he may play.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 01:13:45 EDT »

So does this mean Peyton is, well not necessarily unhappy, but not dead set on spending the rest of his career in Indy?

I'm in that camp, Vinnie. I don't think he's interested in leaving, but why box yourself out of an intriguing situation should one pop-up in the future?

When I was a kid, it came down to were you a Johnny U. or Bart Starr fan. Yep; Unitas all the way! Been a Colts fan ever since.

G
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 01:30:30 EDT »

Lyn, don't be mad at Peyton if he goes to the Titans. He's got two kids to support now, he's gotta go where the job is. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 02:29:56 EDT »

Lyn, don't be mad at Peyton if he goes to the Titans. He's got two kids to support now, he's gotta go where the job is. 

Honestly I'm about over Peyton....this whole thing is self centered and greedy IYAM. Drew Brees and Peyton were my two favorite qbs but they are making Tom Brady look like he has some class. I am really confused!! 
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 02:44:33 EDT »

In a perfect world, we would read in the news that Peyton has retired and will now be going into broadcasting. I don't think he's ready to hang up being on the field, but I have to confess that he hasn't shared any of those things with me. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 03:31:28 EDT »

Honestly I'm about over Peyton....this whole thing is self centered and greedy IYAM. Drew Brees and Peyton were my two favorite qbs but they are making Tom Brady look like he has some class. I am really confused!! 

It's the personification of a "dick move", as much as I hate to say it. I am also very surprised by Drew Brees.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 04:22:56 EDT »

I've yet to see them make any personal demands, and according to their agent they have not done so.  I think people are jumping to conclusions. (Including ignorant punters who wish their actions could carry much weight, think before you tweet)

Brees tweeted "All media claims about me wanting a personal reward for this deal are false. I hope you all know me better than that"

We all love Manning, but Brees is one of my favorite persons in the NFL.. Dude is a good guy from everything I've seen.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 04:28:31 EDT »

I've yet to see them make any personal demands, and according to their agent they have not done so.  I think people are jumping to conclusions. (Including ignorant punters who wish their actions could carry much weight, think before you tweet)

Brees tweeted "All media claims about me wanting a personal reward for this deal are false. I hope you all know me better than that"

We all love Manning, but Brees is one of my favorite persons in the NFL.. Dude is a good guy from everything I've seen.

Agree about Brees, but the perception is right now that all four of the guys doing it are doing it because they can. That's what it appears to me.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 04:55:03 EDT »

How is wanting to remove the teams' ability to label them a franchise player not a personal demand? Or did I miss something?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 05:48:38 EDT »

Me.  I spent most of my childhood growing up about 50 miles from their stadium and have been a fan since they moved to Indy.  Peyton has admittedly made me a BIGGER fan though.

I can't see the Colts letting him go, at least not yet.  IMO he IS the franchise at this point in time, and is wildly popular with the fans.  He is only in his early 30s.  Five years down the road, he might get traded or more likely retire, but IMO he has 5-6 good productive years left.  No way do they trade him.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: