VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 04:54:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: POSTED REWARD: Geeked out and need some help - Fuente Opus X Sun Grown>>  (Read 3694 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2011, 06:40:01 EDT »

A Fuentes Opus X $40, sun grown cigar is on the line from me for the best answer! Cynthia Fuentes is scheduled to be at Smokin' Joe's 7/28 4-9pm with some of the good stuff! Here's the layout:

My Sprint plan lets me get a $150/off on my next phone 9/1 and since I have a BB 8330 1G, I gotta do something! My dilemma is that the BB plan has unlimited data for $50/mos that I split with the boss and it's also a dedicated modem for secure connections with my laptop. Cable router at home. BUT, I came across a coupon from Staples for $100 off a tablet (Exp. 7/30). I played with the Sammy Galaxy 16B using their WiFi and it was pretty quick ($499-100);  hellauva lot better than my BlackBerry!  

The Sam is BTooth as is the phone. Will I best be served money-wise getting a new phone or using the exising as my internet connection with a tablet? Will an Android Honeycomb Sammy even play well (or at all) with a BBerry geriatric? If not can I just say, " BFD; I got WiFi!", still feel good I have the phone as the back-up?

I do want the tablet if it's .5% more practical. If not, I will get an Evo and spend about the same amount.

I do like the idea of using the BBerry as a modem. I do it all the time when I'm traveling with my the laptop and it works very well. I don't watch videos online......... I see some advantages of using the tablet instead of dragging my 17" HP with me all the time. (Big=###'s!)

Who has the best answer and why? (Cynthia Fuentes will personally hand me the cigar you be enjoying and probably, it will be the best cigar you have ever had and may never have again[drama]. Free, from GreggO!)

G

« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 07:12:26 EDT by GreggO » Logged
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:20:11 EDT »

Ummmmm,.... for some reason I'm thinking the boss will come out well answering my dilemma!

G

(Unlimited membership, right?)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:02:03 EDT »

That sounds like a fantastic cigar.

If you like using the BB as a modem, I say keep it that way.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 04:00:20 EDT »

That sounds like a fantastic cigar.

If you like using the BB as a modem, I say keep it that way.

Chief, if a BB product and a Google product will play well with each other, then I will probably go that route and be tickled about it. But, I don't know if that will work!?!?!?! I had to load a BB's program onto my laptop to use the bugger as modem and I'm skeptical about being able to do that on an Android system (hence, the dilemma!). If I was the Google "decision-making guy", I would not allow that; I'd make you buy an Android phone!

BTW, yesterday I talked to Mike Hicks (owner of Smokin' Joe's) and he's purchased over $10k in Fuentes' products to sell at this event (and the start has been moved up from 4:30 to 4pm next Thurs. - 7/28); there will be over 3-400 Opus X cigars (the rare sun-grown variety). If you want me to grab one for you and Stogie, let me know. I'd say get the humidor "up-to-snuff" and you fellers save 'em for the birth of yours and the Mrs.' first baby! But, that's just me.

G

(and Stogie should buy! I'm told the X's will be 25% off at $30/each).
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 05:20:06 EDT »

Good lord!! $30 for a cigar? Might as well take a couple of twenties and light em on fire. 
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 09:44:22 EDT »

Good lord!! $30 for a cigar? Might as well take a couple of twenties and light em on fire. 

Tried it...too harsh on the palette.

On to brainstorming ways to get a free Fuentes Opus X...er...I mean....to resolve your dilemma. According to tether.com, they are looking into adding tethering capabilities with Blackberry phones to Android tablets.  No date is set and not even guaranteed.  If you're considering keeping the Blackberry and getting the tablet with just wifi, I'm guessing you want to replace the laptop.  If you don't want to continue lugging your laptop around, go for the tablet. If you're happy with your laptop, get the better phone. Just my $0.02.

I'd also check with Sprint about adding a Galaxy Tab to your unlimited data plan. I saw on one forum where their carrier simply charged them a one-time fee for the sim and added no monthly charge. That doesn't seem quite right to me, but may be worth a phone call.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: