VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 02:45:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two years probation  (Read 4638 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: July 23, 2011, 12:51:22 EDT »

That's what UT self-imposed before going before the COI in June, along with some minor recruiting restrictions.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/jul/22/tennessee-self-imposes-two-years-of-probation/

That sounds about right. The NCAA might dock us a couple of schollies in addition to that, but two years probation was what I was expecting to see the NCAA hand the football program.

I'd say the NCAA's sanctions for the basketball program might be a little more than that.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 02:39:09 EDT »

I guess we knew this, but somebody turned Pearl in concerning the Craft visit to his home.

Also of note, the response reveals that the NCAA received the infamous photo of Pearl posing with then-high school junior Aaron Craft at his home from an anonymous source via U.S. Mail. Underneath, the caption read: "Question: Is having Aaron Craft a 2010 high school recruit in your home an NCAA violation? I wonder if the NCAA would think so …"

The questions are 1. Who? and more interesting to me is 2. How did they get the photo?

Some of you may know this but I don't. Enlighten me.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 03:06:38 EDT »

Rumor I heard it was connected to ohio state.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 03:17:33 EDT »

I guess we knew this, but somebody turned Pearl in concerning the Craft visit to his home.

Also of note, the response reveals that the NCAA received the infamous photo of Pearl posing with then-high school junior Aaron Craft at his home from an anonymous source via U.S. Mail. Underneath, the caption read: "Question: Is having Aaron Craft a 2010 high school recruit in your home an NCAA violation? I wonder if the NCAA would think so …"

The questions are 1. Who? and more interesting to me is 2. How did they get the photo?

Members of the former staff seem convinced it was Thad Matta at OSU- so much so that Tony Jones was openly cheering for UK on Twitter when they beat them in the NCAAT.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 03:30:41 EDT »

As BDV says, most people think it was Thad Matta. I think the photo was a camera phone pic taken by somebody and sent to Craft but ICBW.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 12:31:06 EDT »

As bad as I wanna be mad at Matta for being such a weasel, we cheered on Fulmer for ratting out Bama.  Pearl is still the one who I'm upset with at the end of the day.  All he had to do was be honest.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 05:20:36 EDT »

As bad as I wanna be mad at Matta for being such a weasel, we cheered on Fulmer for ratting out Bama.  Pearl is still the one who I'm upset with at the end of the day.  All he had to do was be honest.

Yes.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: