VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:33:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some rumors floating around that Butch Davis has been fired  (Read 6311 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2011, 10:51:41 EDT »

at UNC

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:55:32 EDT »

Unless there is some sort of new violation or new info, why in the world would they do it now? Talk about crippling timing.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 11:08:11 EDT »

Unless there is some sort of new violation or new info, why in the world would they do it now? Talk about crippling timing.

No kidding.  If our administration was that dumb, I would...oh wait.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 11:13:03 EDT »

No kidding.  If our administration was that dumb, I would...oh wait.

Not even our administration is dumb enough to fire a coach right before a season starts.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 11:17:57 EDT »

Not even our administration is dumb enough to fire a coach right before a season starts.

No, they all but announce their intent to fire a coach right before the postseason starts.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:20:32 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 11:23:22 EDT »

No, they all but announce their intent to fire a coach right before the postseason starts.

Agree that's dumb, but it's not even in the same ballpark as firing a coach on the eve of fall camp.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 11:29:18 EDT »

There has got to be some damning new stuff about to emerge.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 11:37:11 EDT »

That's the only way this even makes sense.

That being said, we are in on at least one prospect who was looking at us and UNC so I'll take it. Plus he was smarmy during the MCB and the fallout of it. Buh buy jackwagon!

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2011, 11:51:38 EDT »

W... T.... F???

schadjoe Joe Schad
Davis was said to be "shocked"
2 minutes ago

schadjoe Joe Schad
Told there were not necessarily new or significant findings against Davis, who appeared safe after NCAA report
8 minutes ago

schadjoe Joe Schad
UNC chancellor made the call on Davis' termination based in large part on academic misconduct findings
9 minutes ago

schadjoe Joe Schad
Butch Davis has ben told in meetings w chancellor as AD that the process of termination had begun
15 minutes ago

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 12:33:37 EDT »

Well, that settles it. Jimmy Cheek isn't the biggest idiot on the planet, after all. Who would've thought it?
101stDad
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 01:07:39 EDT »

It's true, and rumor is that Gus Mahlzon will be hired to replace him.

Maryville High QB Patton Robbinette has verbaled to North Carolina.  He is the kid who scored a perfect 36 on the ACT, and has in the neighborhood of a 4.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 02:48:36 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 03:27:21 EDT »

It's true, and rumor is that Gus Mahlzon will be hired to replace him.

Maryville High QB Patton Robbinette has verbaled to North Carolina.  He is the kid who scored a perfect 36 on the ACT, and has in the neighborhood of a 4.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.  

Would have liked to get malzohn at ut.  Not sure he makes the transition to Hc  but I have said it before ... he does not get enough credit for cam newtons success.   Cam is a great talent but Gus worked wonders WITH NOTHING the year before.   I predict that can struggles more than anyone thinks in the NFL and that if Gus stays at auburn this year their o is better than expected...again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:23:57 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 03:01:42 EDT »

Must have been something in there.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: