VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 05:57:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby update -- I'm a nervous wreck  (Read 9581 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2011, 07:24:12 EDT »

So the due date is Aug 29.  However, my wife has been to her Dr. Several times this week and her blood pressure is all over the place.  Today the Dr. said "I don't think you're going to make it till the due date."

Gah!!  I was mentally prepared for still having a month to go!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:26 EDT »

Welcome to parenthood!   
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:54:30 EDT »

So the due date is Aug 29.  However, my wife has been to her Dr. Several times this week and her blood pressure is all over the place.  Today the Dr. said "I don't think you're going to make it till the due date."

And so it begins.........

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:37:07 EDT »

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 10:07:33 EDT »

Yeah, and the surprises will keep coming after birth too buddy. best of luck to you and the wife. It'll be allright.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 10:10:54 EDT »

I go back and forth.  One minute I'm thinking "let's do this, I want to meet him tomorrow".  The next, I'm panicking and thinking "not yet, baby boy!". Lol
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 11:57:02 EDT »

Did the Doctor check YOUR blood pressure?
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 12:08:06 EDT »

Control and predictability are a thing of the past for you now, buddy.
VOLveeta
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 02:37:11 EDT »

Buddy, trust me... the first time you look that beautiful little person in the eyes, you're going to think... "what took you so long?".

Will your life change?  Of course.  Will you ever want for the way it was?  Never.  I'm really happy for you guys.

XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 03:12:45 EDT »

I'll just say that I join the rest of the board in wishing you and the whole family (born 'n unborn  ) all the best.  It will work out, friend.  High excitement ... learn to love it!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 03:52:42 EDT »

I'll just say that I join the rest of the board in wishing you and the whole family (born 'n unborn  ) all the best.  It will work out, friend.  High excitement ... learn to love it!

Ha, ha, ha! I remember you back in 1978 with my first born. If you are feeling like that now, you better wear a straightjacket in the delivery room.

I'm kidding!!!        (Really, ........... I am!!)

G
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 01:19:11 EDT »

Vinnie, 5 and a half years ago, my wife was pregnant with twins. (Our first and only kids.) She went to her OB one day at about 36 weeks and the doctor said, "we need to induce labor."

I know where you're coming from.

And, not to scare you or anything, but as it turned out the doc didn't have to induce. Later that same evening, she went into labor. We went to St. Mary's in Knoxville and they went through the usual check-in routine...measuring contractions, dilation, etc. I came back home and finished up that week's paper at 4 a.m. so it would make it to press by deadline, then drove back to Knoxville. They were giving her an epidural when I got back. As she lay in bed in her epidural-induced glory, I was watching the baby monitor and noticed Rachel's heartbeat going way up, then way down. I said, "this can't be good." A nurse came in, took one look at it, and went for the doctor and they started an emergency c-section. (As it turned out, Rachel had Toby's umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and it was cutting off circulation.) Within 24 hours, we went from expecting to have kids in a month to having them. Within 15 minutes, we went from expecting them within a few hours to having them. I was the prototypical first-time dad. I remember asking questions to anyone who looked official -- the OB, the anestheseologist, etc. 

Anyway, the point is: us dads worry...probably more than moms when it comes to the trivial things. But it all turns out well in the end. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 02:00:24 EDT »

Thanks for all the reassurance guys.  We're trying to balance the anxiousness and anticipation with just trying to enjoy the moment.  She goes back next week, the Dr. said by next Friday we should have a plan of, I guess, when or if to induce.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 09:05:58 EDT »

One thing no one has mentioned, at first baby poo doesn't stink! But all of the sudden they lay the hammer down! Just some useful information! Good luck to you and your wife, it's a wonderful experience!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 09:18:16 EDT »

One thing no one has mentioned, at first baby poo doesn't stink! But all of the sudden they lay the hammer down! Just some useful information! Good luck to you and your wife, it's a wonderful experience!

It never bothered me at all, I surprised myself and became a very efficient diaper changer   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 09:47:55 EDT »

There are two types of fathers in the world: those who are disgusted by dirty diapers and those who lie about it. 
Barbivol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 05:36:04 EDT »

in your arms!  :O)  Can't wait to see your reaction to this beautiful little baby....:O)   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2011, 04:57:41 EDT »

There are two types of fathers in the world: those who are disgusted by dirty diapers and those who lie about it.  

I do believe you just called me a liar

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2011, 05:36:50 EDT »

I do believe you just called me a liar

Well, if you said that you were never bothered by changing a dirty diaper...yes, sir, I sure did. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2011, 07:39:36 EDT »

Well, if you said that you were never bothered by changing a dirty diaper...yes, sir, I sure did.  

I did think before I had a baby that it would. Never bothered me at all, no reason for me to lie. It would gross me out to change someone else's baby though.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 08:09:36 EDT »

Yes... I hate it when someone (family, mostly)says "hey, want some training?", while offering for me to change their kids diaper.  Pee diapers aren't a big deal, but I've no interest in changing someone else's kids stinky diaper.  I imagine there are lots of things that are different when its your kid.  Like screaming kids you hear in public, you always assume they are screaming brats but when its your child they are poor little angels.  :-D
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 08:17:18 EDT »

Yes... I hate it when someone (family, mostly)says "hey, want some training?", while offering for me to change their kids diaper.  Pee diapers aren't a big deal, but I've no interest in changing someone else's kids stinky diaper.  I imagine there are lots of things that are different when its your kid.  Like screaming kids you hear in public, you always assume they are screaming brats but when its your child they are poor little angels.  :-D

Having kids helps you develop the ability to tune out screaming kids at a restaurant as well. Overall, you just start relating to it and understanding it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: