VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 05:54:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 104 here is west tn. heat index of 117.  (Read 4226 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:30 EDT »

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:53:49 EDT »

About the same down here in Montgomery AL...sure is HOT HOT HOT watching softball games today!!   At least we won game #1 and playing again tonight at 7.   

GO GEORGIA FORCE!!!  This is the only time you'll see me cheering for a GA team over a TN team!  We play the Tennessee Elite out of Nashville tonight.   Since my granddaughter plays and my son is the head coach, I'll be cheering for the FORCE tonight!     

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:56:33 EDT »

Came a thunderstorm here earlier and is 72 degrees now.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 12:54:22 EDT »

So far my rain dancing hasn't worked for my neck of the woods.  Feel like going home and laying flat on the tile floor in my birthday suit.
Mike
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 11:54:25 EDT »

dude... Got to 114° in Little Rock,  110° in F-ville, 118° in Ft.Smith. 

Mike
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 12:00:29 EDT »

So far my rain dancing hasn't worked for my neck of the woods.  Feel like going home and laying flat on the tile floor in my birthday suit.

TMI!   

101stDad
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 02:17:35 EDT »

It's August in the Southeastern United States. It's supposed to be hot.  If it weren't then we would really have a news story.   
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 02:23:18 EDT »

It's August in the Southeastern United States. It's supposed to be hot.  If it weren't then we would really have a news story.  

This is true. I do feel for the folks in Arkansas, where it has been unreasonably hot. And West TN has a little bit of a fair gripe to make, too. But I've laughed at a number of East Tennesseans complaining about the heat this week. This is not unusual...it just feels like early August. I liked Dooley's response this week when the media asked him about practicing in the heat: "This isn't hot. This is cool. If you want hot, go to Alabama, Georgia or Florida. They're hotter than we are, and they're practicing." Of course, the sportscaster playing the clip had to follow with, and I'm paraphrasing, "I don't know where Dooley got his information but we can assure him that it's hot."  

Was it in '91 or '92 when UCLA came to town and the temp reading (not the actual temp, but what it felt like) was 120 on the field in early September? Now THAT is hot.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 02:37:31 EDT »

This is true. I do feel for the folks in Arkansas, where it has been unreasonably hot. And West TN has a little bit of a fair gripe to make, too. But I've laughed at a number of East Tennesseans complaining about the heat this week. This is not unusual...it just feels like early August. I liked Dooley's response this week when the media asked him about practicing in the heat: "This isn't hot. This is cool. If you want hot, go to Alabama, Georgia or Florida. They're hotter than we are, and they're practicing." Of course, the sportscaster playing the clip had to follow with, and I'm paraphrasing, "I don't know where Dooley got his information but we can assure him that it's hot."  

Was it in '91 or '92 when UCLA came to town and the temp reading (not the actual temp, but what it felt like) was 120 on the field in early September? Now THAT is hot.

I was at the UCLA game and it was 108 in the stands and the thing I remember was a player coming off the field and throwing up on Johnny Majors some as he came off the field.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: