VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 06:54:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's droner drinking tonight?....  (Read 1798 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2011, 12:39:43 EDT »

Thanks for asking!   

Bodegas Rafael Palacios Godello Valdeorras Louro do Bolo (2009)($18.00)

My wines come from several different sources. I have a wine girl and wine guy in California. I have purchased the last three allocations of Turley Zinfandel directly from the winery courtesy of CONSIGLIEREG8R. There are several good small wine shops here. And then there are the wine "superstores" such as Total Wines. Obviously, more sources mean more choices of wines. But even a giant such as Total Wines has basically the same selections all the time, as do the small wine shops. (Also, the South Carolina system for the sale of alcohol does its best to limit choice. That's why I like to buy from the people in California or from the winery. This might be illegal in your state.)

Tonight's selection was purchased from a store I had not been to in a while. This store has the usual stuff but also frequently have new wines I haven't seen in other wine stores. I found this delicious white wine from Spain. It's dry and medium-bodied. There is plenty of fruit and although there's a little oak, the acidity on the end cleans it up with nice bite.

It's fine to have a favorite wine store, but to have variety, you gotta shop around. (You may sing those last four words if you wish.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: