VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 11:39:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dooley interview about today's practice.  (Read 2315 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:43:32 EDT »

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080611aaa.html

Looking like Lane may see some time. He looks like a real athlete but a little thin to be an every down guy right now.

I think Dooley is much more pleased with this years team.
dansavol
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 01:49:27 EDT »

seems like last year he was very negative in all his comments and this year is the opposite.  But, he has a lot more to work with and I think he had/has a pretty good feel for both the physical and mental maturity this year and last.  Get a sneaky suspicion we could pull some surprises this year
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 07:18:47 EDT »

seems like last year he was very negative in all his comments and this year is the opposite.

The difference between Dooley's attitude last year and this year is night and day. It may mean something; it may mean nothing. But one thing about Dooley is he doesn't sugar-coat things. Some coaches use the media to talk their team down in hopes of motivating them. Other coaches use the media to talk their team up in hopes of motivating them. I don't think Dooley is either of those things. I think he shoots from the hip. So his attitude tells me that this staff is seeing what the rest of us are seeing that makes us believe UT is underrated this year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: