VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 03:30:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Swiperboy is done rapping..  (Read 3304 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:15:01 EDT »

http://swiperboy.blogspot.com/2011/08/sb-announcement-im-done-rapping.html

I'll go ahead and say I don't know what he's been through or really much about his story, I unfollowed him on Twitter a while ago... but the whole "I'm too talented to be so under appreciated/Y'all will miss me when I'm gone" is just a bit too dramatic for my taste. 

I liked this line in particular..  "When I tweet a song, or ask my followers to retweet it...and I only have, say, 50 people do it...when I have over 10K + followers...It shows that there is a lack of appreciation for my music and that people are taking it for granted."

I guess there are artists in every genre who think they're good enough to be successful while being above the way the music industry game is played, but I imagine that's a tough nut to crack.  I guess I always just figured music was his future.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 04:37:07 EDT »

Gotta say I always liked Swipe's stuff.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 05:03:27 EDT »

Gotta say I always liked Swipe's stuff.

He's pretty talented IMO but he's being a little bit of a drama queen.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 05:11:19 EDT »

He's very talented as a musician..  He just needs to drop the entitlement complex.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 09:04:55 EDT »

I don't know if he has a career in the hip hop music business or not, but personally I would be happy to see him spend a little less time on music and a lot more time on basketball.  He needs to be productive on the court this year.  It would be nice to get something from the four year investment of his scholarship. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:39:39 EDT »

Well said 101, thusfar in his time with the Vols he's played like a walk on except for the Kansas win.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 01:25:27 EDT »

I do think he has talent, but agree with wpd, he needs to play some ball. Maybe his last year will be his best
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: