VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 04:16:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Per Josh Ward (new commit)  (Read 3891 times)
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 09:04:11 EDT »

We have a new commitment in WR Jason Croom from Norcross, GA.

4 star with a pretty good offer list.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 09:04:58 EDT »

we're going to have a sick WR corps in 2012.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 09:06:16 EDT »

we're going to have a sick WR corps in 2012.

WR and DB are going to be deep and talented. Surely it's just a matter of time before the DL recruiting picks up.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:34:34 EDT »

WR and DB are going to be deep and talented. Surely it's just a matter of time before the DL recruiting picks up.

They've really rebuilt things at an accelerated pace everywhere but DL.

There are a couple of DTs out there that are still UT possibilities. And they do have commits from a DE and a DT currently.

DT recruiting is a bugaboo that has haunted UT since Haynesworth and Henderson left, and it's one of the greatest mysteries to me.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:40:22 EDT »

They've really rebuilt things at an accelerated pace everywhere but DL.

There are a couple of DTs out there that are still UT possibilities. And they do have commits from a DE and a DT currently.

DT recruiting is a bugaboo that has haunted UT since Haynesworth and Henderson left, and it's one of the greatest mysteries to me.

I think there's just a general lack of good DTs out there who are qualified. A lot of them don't qualify and go juco, so juco is a legitimate place to get them. Plus, the state of TN just doesn't produce them, and I think a lot of DTs are big mamas boys who like home cookin and don't want to go far from home. It's the toughest position to recruit.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 09:51:53 EDT »

I think there's just a general lack of good DTs out there who are qualified. A lot of them don't qualify and go juco, so juco is a legitimate place to get them. Plus, the state of TN just doesn't produce them, and I think a lot of DTs are big mamas boys who like home cookin and don't want to go far from home. It's the toughest position to recruit.

What bugs me is that it doesn't seem like it should be any harder to find DTs that OL, and we're not having trouble with that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 09:54:40 EDT »

What bugs me is that it doesn't seem like it should be any harder to find DTs that OL, and we're not having trouble with that.

Actually there are a lot more qualified OL than DTs. Even states like TN and KY produce good OL, and we have plucked some good ones from our own state.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 09:56:40 EDT »

Actually there are a lot more qualified OL than DTs. Even states like TN and KY produce good OL, and we have plucked some good ones from our own state.

I'm just thinking about the "big mamas boys who like home cookin and don't want to go far from home" and why DTs would be more likely to fit that description than OL.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 06:07:27 EDT »

I'm just thinking about the "big mamas boys who like home cookin and don't want to go far from home" and why DTs would be more likely to fit that description than OL.

OL fit that too, except there are more of them, and we grow a few in TN. Plus a lot more qualify. Believe it or not, OL are typically the group in a team with the highest GPA. Not so with DTs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: