VTTW Board Index
April 24, 2024, 07:44:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NCAA sanctions to be announced tomorrow?  (Read 12820 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 09:44:25 EDT »

Pearl hammered and Kiffin skates.

This makes me sad.

The good news is, Bruce can feel good about most of what he did for UT and lives to coach another day (even if it's NBADL). Kiffin has to live with being a douchebag the rest of his life.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 09:46:52 EDT »

The bottom line is that Pearl was given a 3 year show cause and prohibitted from recruiting for that entire 3 year period, and all 3 assistants a 1 year show cause and were prohibitted from recruiting. 

How could you keep a staff that had no one that could recruit for a full year, and the head coach had 3 years?  Talk about a program killer. 

There just was no other option - period - other than to fire the staff and bring in a completely new one. 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 01:50:34 EDT »

In the case of Bruce, I am pretty sure there was worse stuff that probably just could not be proven.  We are IMO very fortunate to get off this lightly.

Time to pay the piper and reveal something you know or is it all speculation?  If it is speculation then it is time to just let it go.  Sitting where I am right now there are no "sleeping dogs" with this one from all of the people I have talked with over in the AD.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 04:21:17 EDT »

Pearl hammered and Kiffin skates.

This makes me sad.

Yes for sure it's unjust.  The only comment I could make is that Kiffin really was only found guilty of secondary violations, which we should be grateful for, since unfortunately they occurred at our school.

So as big as a scumbag as he is, I can see why he did not get in worse trouble.

That in no way justifies what the NCAA did to Pearl, at least, not on the surface of it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: