VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:55:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Damnit, Janzen!!!  (Read 8300 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:41:32 EDT »

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 03:45:58 EDT »

WTF did he do? That guy just cannot escape himself. You know after all the work this coaching staff has put into helping him, he must have really fizzleed up again to get dismissed.

The good news is we have other DBs. They aren't Janzen but it would be a lot worse at other positions.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 04:01:46 EDT »

Talk about Fool's Gold- that describes Kiffin's one recruiting class perfectly.  That was a top 5 class on the day Bryce Brown committed.  Then we started hemhorraging players.  Janzen was the only significant contributor left, and now he's gone too.   

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:01:59 EDT »

I definitely trust Dooley on this one. He has gone out of his way to try to help Janzen continue to be a part of the UT program.

I'm not convinced he really f'ed up either... I bet there was a no tolerance policy on a list of things like failed drug tests, curfew, class attendance, GPA, etc and I bet Janzen violated one of Dooley's conditions and Dooley said "I told you I was done if you stepped off the path... and I'm done."

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 04:06:38 EDT »

I can see that. Dooley supported him at every turn publicly so you know Janzen crossed the line with something.

I definitely trust Dooley on this one. He has gone out of his way to try to help Janzen continue to be a part of the UT program.

I'm not convinced he really f'ed up either... I bet there was a no tolerance policy on a list of things like failed drug tests, curfew, class attendance, GPA, etc and I bet Janzen violated one of Dooley's conditions and Dooley said "I told you I was done if you stepped off the path... and I'm done."
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 04:10:45 EDT »

Alex Anderson is saying it was grades. Basilio says "the stuff" which I'm guessing means weed. Janzen's weed problem was why he left the program over the summer.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 04:14:32 EDT »

I believe we have all pretty much expected this to come, just not this quickly.

That said, better for it to have happened now than during the season, in my opinion.  Less distractions. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 04:17:55 EDT »

That said, better for it to have happened now than during the season, in my opinion.  Less distractions. 

I think I feared it but didn't expect it. I thought Dooley had gotten through to him. He really only had to hold on for one more year... no doubt he was going to come out after this year anyway.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 04:19:42 EDT »

Well, you know as fans some us really had a glimmer of hope that Dooley could be the difference for him. But realistically nobody should be surprised. I agree that it's better now than in 3 weeks. The unit has at least a little time to adjust.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 04:32:19 EDT »

Alex Anderson is saying it was grades. Basilio says "the stuff" which I'm guessing means weed. Janzen's weed problem was why he left the program over the summer.

I am hearing that it was both. 
101stDad
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 04:33:38 EDT »

Well, you know as fans some us really had a glimmer of hope that Dooley could be the difference for him. But realistically nobody should be surprised. I agree that it's better now than in 3 weeks. The unit has at least a little time to adjust.

I understand, and in a perfect world that would have been the case.  JJ's history - his pattern - pretty much made that a very long shot. 

I respect Coach Dooley for giving him one last shot.  I respect him even more for holding to his word. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 04:36:27 EDT »

I respect Coach Dooley for giving him one last shot.  I respect him even more for holding to his word. 

Yep. Hopefully the players can see that he has their back when they need help, and that is important . . . but that it's a two-way relationship and if they don't do their part it's not going to last.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:07 EDT »

At this point I am just going to say good riddance.   I was not sure he should have been spared after the Pilot store fiasco anyway.  It seemed to me that his level of talent played a role in that decision, since he had a prior history going into it.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 05:16:44 EDT »

After hearing the news yesterday about Pat, I can't muster a lot of emotion on this one.

Besides, it doesn't come as a big surprise.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 06:27:39 EDT »

Not totally unexpected.

Looks like the conjecture is that P-wagg will be moved to FS for the time being, with Randolph and Moore getting ready to play there. When they get ready, P-wagg moves back to CB.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 11:20:23 EDT »

Janzen apparently failed another drug test. Or several.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6891304/tennessee-volunteers-dismiss-janzen-jackson

If it's weed, then he's an idiot. There is no reason in the world not to be able to stay away from pot. It's not an addiction like narcotics or meth, if it's even an addiction.  People can't stay away from weed because they don't want to and think they can get away with it.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 02:19:52 EDT »

Janzen apparently failed another drug test. Or several.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/6891304/tennessee-volunteers-dismiss-janzen-jackson

If it's weed, then he's an idiot. There is no reason in the world not to be able to stay away from pot. It's not an addiction like narcotics or meth, if it's even an addiction.  People can't stay away from weed because they don't want to and think they can get away with it.

I guess he's Oregon-bound!
XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 02:28:17 EDT »

The perfect analysis 101st, with nary a word wasted. 

WHAT A #*@! SHAME that he could waste such a chance!  REALLY!   
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 02:30:38 EDT »

I guess he's Oregon-bound!

No, they done smoked it all. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: