VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 09:09:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Pat Summitt-and Dooley and Jackson...  (Read 4040 times)
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:55:00 EDT »

My main purpose for stopping by was to share my sympathy for your truly great coach Pat Summitt. When was the last time you heard a Tide fan say UT's coach was great? Well, she is and we Tide fans have known that for years...a great person too...so classy!

My mother in law has had this problem for  the past few years, and now it appears she is in the latter stages. This thing is so hard on my wife and her family, as it will be on Coach Summitt's family. They are the ones that will really need the support from the UT faithful.

On brighter news, I'm impressed with Mr. Dooley and the way he is handling things in his program. In the long run, it will help your program immensely. Again, color me impressed by this young coach and his willingness to do things the right way.

BG

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:43:03 EDT »

Thanks, BG, for the nice post. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:09 EDT »

Thanks BG! BTW, how's the QB situation looking?

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 04:18:56 EDT »

Thanks BG! BTW, how's the QB situation looking?

We really know nothing at this point. Saban isn't releasing the QB's scrimmage stats, and has said both will get playing time in the first few games, or until one separates themselves from the other (There was no real separation during the spring ).

BG
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:52:08 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:58 EDT »

My main purpose for stopping by was to share my sympathy for your truly great coach Pat Summitt. When was the last time you heard a Tide fan say UT's coach was great? Well, she is and we Tide fans have known that for years...a great person too...so classy!

My mother in law has had this problem for  the past few years, and now it appears she is in the latter stages. This thing is so hard on my wife and her family, as it will be on Coach Summitt's family. They are the ones that will really need the support from the UT faithful.

On brighter news, I'm impressed with Mr. Dooley and the way he is handling things in his program. In the long run, it will help your program immensely. Again, color me impressed by this young coach and his willingness to do things the right way.

BG

Thanks BG
You hosting a tailgate this year?
I will be coming to the game and I may be bringing Mrs PV this year

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 04:57:25 EDT »

Thanks BG
You hosting a tailgate this year?
I will be coming to the game and I may be bringing Mrs PV this year

No, but at the least maybe we can get together either that Friday night before the game for dinner and drinks, and/or meeting up at the Quad or The Houndstooth for a cold one or two. As we get closer to the game, I'll contact you here by PM and surely we can set something up. Maybe we can get Emeril to FEDX us something good to eat! lol

BG
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 05:00:06 EDT by BGHarper » Logged
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:54:22 EDT »

No, but at the least maybe we can get together either that Friday night before the game for dinner and drinks, and/or meeting up at the Quad or The Houndstooth for a cold one or two. As we get closer to the game, I'll contact you here by PM and surely we can set something up. Maybe we can get Emeril to FEDX us something good to eat! lol

BG

I will be in Tuscalooserville by the Pachyderm (wink wink had to stick that in doncha know) and I will have some more news about this from a good source of a great tailgate before the UT / Bama game on the 22nd of October so all is not lost and I will not have to FedEx a thing.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 07:21:25 EDT »

I will be in Tuscalooserville by the Pachyderm (wink wink had to stick that in doncha know) and I will have some more news about this from a good source of a great tailgate before the UT / Bama game on the 22nd of October so all is not lost and I will not have to FedEx a thing.

I'm hoping Dean and I can get hold of 2 tix and come down this year -- I've never been before!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: