VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 09:08:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't say that I have ever been as proud of anyone as I am of Coach Summitt  (Read 2010 times)
Top Cat
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2011, 06:50:54 EDT »

She showed what a class act she really is.
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:31:38 EDT »

She is a wonderful role model for all coaches and players in all sports. 

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:05:04 EDT »

She showed what a class act she really is.

"What a Classy Lady"

That's what I thought about when I heard Pat was ill. I read a few articles today about her on ESPN's site and I gotta tell ya', I teared up quite a bit.

She started coaching at UT my first year there and I went to a couple of games in Alumni Gym (I don't think they even charged; well I know they didn't for students. I had gone to the girl's games before going to UT because of friends on the teams.). If I recall correctly, that was when the women's game was split with three players on offense and three on defense. Neither the three O or three D players could cross the half-court line (college rules may have been different by then). That's how it was back in the '60-70's era when I was in Jr. High thru my two years at UT, at least.

Pat is is definately and icon, not only a piece of UT history but all of women's sports history. I do not think I have ever heard of one single NCAA violation in her program and her graduation rates are unmatchable.

Yep, Class....Class all the way, through and through and all orange!

GreggO      
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: