VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 06:12:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's the article with a link to the findings  (Read 3542 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2011, 09:45:24 EDT »

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/aug/24/ncaa-uts-cooperation-in-football-in-stark-to/

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 09:52:36 EDT »

"The cooperation the institution demonstrated in this case is in stark contrast to the conduct and failures of the former men's basketball staff"

This'll be a dead horse beating and cross-thread post at the same time, but fizzle you, NCAA. I hope Bruce can take these things in stride because if I were him it would be awfully hard not to lash out when he gets this kind of treatment from the NCAA while our neighbor to the North just jumps program to program fancy free, leaving violations, vacated banners, and general destruction in his wake.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:43 EDT »

Clockwork, I don't disagree with you but this is on Pearl in general.  You just don't lie to the NCAA and he did.  I loved the guy, but what he did was stupid.
CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:17:09 EDT »

That's right, Memphis.

CW
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 02:14:34 EDT »

The guy is guilty of doing what he did. I'm not denying that, and his actions are his fault. That doesn't mean what has come of it is deserved.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 04:03:25 EDT »

After reading that, the feeling I get is if Bruce was honest to begin with -- he would still be our coach today.  That was his downfall...period.    So sad!     

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 05:13:56 EDT »

Yes, Bruce is at fault...I don't think anyone is arguing that at all.  It's just that the consequences do not match the "crime". 

Is he guilty? Yes.
Does he deserve to face the consequences of his poor decision? Yes.
Is the particular penalty that was meted out to him fair? No; I don't think so.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: