VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 10:21:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's droner drinking tonight?....  (Read 2083 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2011, 12:26:56 EDT »

Thanks for asking!

Jérôme Gueneau Sancerre Domaine des Grandes Perrières Le Clos Chartier (2009)($24.00)
Delicious Sancerre (French Sauvignon Blanc) from the Loire Region. Bright fruit, crisp and tart. A great white wine for a hot afternoon. Wine Spectator gives it 89 points and I agree. A very good wine.

XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 04:20:43 EDT »

Droner, I know you like a lot of Viognier (sp.?) wine, so I thought of you today when I was at the local Earth Fare grocery... they have a wine rack section devoted to wines they label as "exotics" (aka unusual and wierd), and yep ... right smack dab in the middle of that rack was your beloved favorite!  It wasn't placed in any of the "serious" racks, nooooo, they just kicked it aside into the collection that contained stuff like Tasmanian Devil Red and the like (making that up, can't remember exactly what other wines were there, but most of them were truly weird).   Maybe it's just me, but I thought that looked funny to put it there.   
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 04:49:02 EDT »

Droner, I know you like a lot of Viognier (sp.?) wine, so I thought of you today when I was at the local Earth Fare grocery... they have a wine rack section devoted to wines they label as "exotics" (aka unusual and wierd), and yep ... right smack dab in the middle of that rack was your beloved favorite!  It wasn't placed in any of the "serious" racks, nooooo, they just kicked it aside into the collection that contained stuff like Tasmanian Devil Red and the like (making that up, can't remember exactly what other wines were there, but most of them were truly weird).   Maybe it's just me, but I thought that looked funny to put it there.   

Vioginer isn't known by casual wine drinkers and some wine merchants don't know a whole lot about it either. To them, it's an exotic. It might have been a winery that didn't make much of it but I expect it was just the head of the department that didn't have a lot of knowledge about Viognier. Frequently when people ask me about a good white wine and I mention Viogner, they don't have any idea what I'm talking about. Although production has increased, most people have never heard of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: