VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 12:39:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pat Martin is leaving school.  (Read 6426 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2011, 05:54:42 EDT »

4* db, freshman. Don't know why.
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:22:51 EDT »

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/aug/29/freshman-safety-pat-martin-will-transfer/?partner=RSS

Rumor I heard is that he is homesick and will become a Rat Bastard.  He will sit this year as a redshirt, and then play next fall. 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:12:20 EDT »

Does that affect Tino Thomas? Is it too late for him to be full-time.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:17:36 EDT »

Sucks.  The kid had petential.  On the bright side, we were facing a big numbers crunch with the class of 2012, and this helps with that.

101stDad
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 07:18:09 EDT »

Does that affect Tino Thomas? Is it too late for him to be full-time.

I believe that Martin will have to count against this year since classes have already started, so Thomas is likely still a grayshirt.  Martin will also be an APR hit.  
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 07:40:57 EDT »

Martin will also be an APR hit.  

I hope that isn't the case. If he actually started the process by last Friday he could drop all of his classes with no repercussions from an academic standpoint . . . I wonder if that would affect him from an APR point of view or if his simple enrollment puts us on the hook for him.

Then again if he didn't start dropping classes before today, he's on the hook for them academically and I'm sure that puts us on the hook for him.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 07:43:26 EDT »

I hope that isn't the case. If he actually started the process by last Friday he could drop all of his classes with no repercussions from an academic standpoint . . . I wonder if that would affect him from an APR point of view or if his simple enrollment puts us on the hook for him.

Then again if he didn't start dropping classes before today, he's on the hook for them academically and I'm sure that puts us on the hook for him.

I think the rub may be that he was here for at least one of the summer sessions.  Since the NCAA allows incoming freshmen to go on scholarship in the summer now, does that not start the scholarship process then? 

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it does, which means it would most likely be an APR hit. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:57:17 EDT »

I think the rub may be that he was here for at least one of the summer sessions.  Since the NCAA allows incoming freshmen to go on scholarship in the summer now, does that not start the scholarship process then? 

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe it does, which means it would most likely be an APR hit. 

Yep, I'm sure you're right. I didn't think about him enrolling in summer classes.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2011, 08:03:13 EDT »

Sucks.  The kid had petential.  On the bright side, we were facing a big numbers crunch with the class of 2012, and this helps with that.

The behind the scenes talk even back when he was a commit was that he was overrated by Rivals and lacked the speed and ball skills to play S at the SEC level. I think they hoped he would grow into a LB.

It sucks to lose anybody at this point though. We don't need the attrition. He does however open up a scholly for 2012 as you say.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2011, 08:08:14 EDT »

In January Tino Thomas will be back counted in the 2011 class now, and open up a 2012 scholly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: