VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 07:39:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early arrivals in the Vol Navy  (Read 3284 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2011, 06:48:57 EDT »

I took a walk at lunch and went to Volunteer Landing and Calhoun's. Unsurprisingly I found that the Vol Navy has already started to arrive. I'll probably try to make my way down there periodically this Fall, as my office is in a good location to get over by the river in about 15 minutes. I snapped a few photos along the way and thought I'd share.

Early arrivals:

A Blue Heron taking a break from fishing to wonder what the hell I was doing:

The bones of the Henley Street Bridge, from Volunteer Landing with Neyland backdrop:

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 06:55:54 EDT »

We had a late lunch at Calhoun's last Sunday.  A couple of those boats were already there.  Now, those were early birds. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 07:01:02 EDT »

We had a late lunch at Calhoun's last Sunday.  A couple of those boats were already there.  Now, those were early birds.  

Was the third from the right, "Bikini Atoll," there? I ask because it's from Dover, DE and I bet they aren't making quick trips to Calhoun's.  

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 07:11:29 EDT »

Yep.  All 4 that are tied up against the dock on the outside were there already. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30:17 EDT »

Pics of campus area and/or Neyland Drive / river area get me fired up. Thanks for posting. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 08:37:03 EDT »

Pics of campus area and/or Neyland Drive / river area get me fired up. Thanks for posting. 

Expect more later in the week. One day I'll walk the other direction and get some campus pics. It's amazing to me how many things have changed in just the last few years.

If I can find a time that the doors are unlocked and there's no class, I want to take pictures from the 4th floor of Ayres, which was reopened after renovation. It should provide terrific views of The Hill and the rest of campus as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: