VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:21:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crazy news about Bruce  (Read 7546 times)
Salvador VOLi
Starter

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2011, 07:47:09 EDT »

He takes a corporate job.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2011/aug/30/pearl-taking-marketing-job-with-ht-hackney/
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 07:54:43 EDT »

This says one thing to me: Bruce absolutely does not want to leave Knoxville right now. And again, that just makes me all the more sad about what has happened.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:57:41 EDT »

This says one thing to me: Bruce absolutely does not want to leave Knoxville right now. And again, that just makes me all the more sad about what has happened.

Me too....I think it shows that had he not screwed up....he would have been here for many years to come.   Looks like he's found a way to stay in a place where he's happy!  Congrats to him and his family!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 08:11:34 EDT by RockinGrannyVol » Logged

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:04:31 EDT »

He doesn't want to leave his kids.  For all his problems at the end of his tenure with UT he is a great dad.
10EC
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 08:09:23 EDT »

Rumors already started that he is to coach the team again in 2014 - 2015 season.

Well, really I just made that up.  Bet I won't be the first though.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 08:11:31 EDT »

Rumors already started that he is to coach the team again in 2014 - 2015 season.

No, he's taking over from Pat for the LADY Vols.   Get it right.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:15:35 EDT »

Those suppositions have been going around since he was fired and Martin was hired.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 08:16:27 EDT »

Those suppositions have been going around since he was fired and Martin was hired.

But, but, but.... this is proof....   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 08:24:00 EDT »

But, but, but.... this is proof....   

I never chimed in on BOM's hypothetical thread about this topic the other day but... if for some reason Martin is a failure and Bruce is still available I'd be in favor of hiring him back in 3 years. Why the hell not? He made a huge mistake and is definitely paying for it. Screw what everybody else thinks... our fans love that man.

That being said, I don't think Martin is going to fail. I don't think he's going to succeed immediately but I think he's going to be a really good coach.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 08:48:50 EDT »

No, he's taking over from Pat for the LADY Vols.   Get it right.

Pearl taking over the LV's would be interesting.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 08:50:23 EDT »

Pearl taking over the LV's would be interesting.
Ha!! Geno would shizzle his britches 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 09:16:27 EDT »

Ha!! Geno would shizzle his britches 

I wonder if Geno would back away from his claims that he did nothing wrong......

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

101stDad
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 09:31:45 EDT »

Why the hell not? 

Because it would be pissing in the face of the NCAA, which isn't a wise thing to do under any circumstance.  It's a nice thought, but that is just not going to happen.  Yes, he screwed up and is paying for it, but it is not worth playing chicken with the the powers that be in the NCAA just to throw something back in their faces.  One person isn't worth risking the entire athletic department over. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 10:00:29 EDT »

Because it would be pissing in the face of the NCAA, which isn't a wise thing to do under any circumstance.  It's a nice thought, but that is just not going to happen.  Yes, he screwed up and is paying for it, but it is not worth playing chicken with the the powers that be in the NCAA just to throw something back in their faces.  One person isn't worth risking the entire athletic department over. 

After he has served his punishment? I don't think that would be pissing in the face of the NCAA at all.

I agree that it isn't going to happen. But IMHO I think it would've been pissing in the face of the NCAA to keep him during his show cause.

101stDad
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 10:38:22 EDT »

After he has served his punishment? I don't think that would be pissing in the face of the NCAA at all.

In theory, you are correct.  In reality, I'm not sure it would be seen that way from the NCAA side of things. 

As has been said, it is highly unlikely that it will ever happen, so any talk of it is purely speculative. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 12:15:32 EDT »

I never chimed in on BOM's hypothetical thread about this topic the other day but... if for some reason Martin is a failure and Bruce is still available I'd be in favor of hiring him back in 3 years. Why the hell not? He made a huge mistake and is definitely paying for it. Screw what everybody else thinks... our fans love that man.

That being said, I don't think Martin is going to fail. I don't think he's going to succeed immediately but I think he's going to be a really good coach.

Much as I wish Bruce were still our coach, I agree that hiring him back in three years would just be asking for more NCAA trouble.  So I would be against it, with one caveat:

What if we're not members of the NCAA in three years?  I believe it will happen eventually- probably not within 3 years, but eventually.  If the NCAA is out of the picture, we're in need of a new hoops coach, and Bruce is still available, I'd be all for bringing him back.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 12:29:03 EDT »

Much as I wish Bruce were still our coach, I agree that hiring him back in three years would just be asking for more NCAA trouble.  So I would be against it, with one caveat:

What if we're not members of the NCAA in three years?  I believe it will happen eventually- probably not within 3 years, but eventually.  If the NCAA is out of the picture, we're in need of a new hoops coach, and Bruce is still available, I'd be all for bringing him back.

That's an interesting way to think about it.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 12:54:29 EDT »

Isn't his wife also from the area? I'd say she didn't want to move either
101stDad
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 02:35:29 EDT »

Isn't his wife also from the area? I'd say she didn't want to move either

She is from Sevierville, and I believe that was a huge part of the decision. 
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 04:07:45 EDT »

I've always said that I like Bruce.  I still like Bruce.  I think his punishment was way, way over the top.  Heck, if I had a kid that played basketball, I would be thrilled if Bruce were his coach.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: