VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 09:49:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyams tweeting that UT has offered AD job to Dave Hart  (Read 9548 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:05:12 EDT »

Former FSU AD and current Bammer asst AD. Also a Bammer grad I believe.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:15:52 EDT »

I take it that you see this as a bad hire.  I don't know anything about him, except that affiliation with FSU and Bama would usually mean they could have been working when violations occurred. If so did we not just fire someone like that?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:28:48 EDT »

I take it that you see this as a bad hire.  I don't know anything about him, except that affiliation with FSU and Bama would usually mean they could have been working when violations occurred. If so did we not just fire someone like that?

I don't know that I would call it a bad hire, but it's not a home run hire either. He was a good AD while he was at FSU but yes violations happened while he was there. He is a more proven AD than Hamilton.

He hasn't been at Bammer long enough to be involved in any of their troubles.

I don't like the guy personally.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 07:53:06 EDT »

No way to know fore sure, but hiring a guy at bammer... 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 07:56:16 EDT »

The MR SEC article on this says that he is basically the "AD in waiting" at Alabama.

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/09/reports-ut-offers-bamas-hart-ad-job/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mrseccom+%28MrSEC.com%29

So... we will have a Gator chancellor, a Bammer AD, and (as much as I love Dooley so far) a Dawg legacy who is a Saban protege as HBC.

Good times!

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:35:40 EDT »

Hmm, he better be good if he's the guy instead of Blackburn. I don't care where he's from though.

Vince Dooley is an Auburn grad.

Pat Dye is a UGA grad.

Frank Broyles is a Ga Tech grad.

Doug Dickey, father of the Power T, checkboard end zones and Darryl is a UF grad.

Robert Neyland was a West Point grad.

Gene Stallings is a Texas A&M grad.

Larry Munson is from Minnesota and I have no idea how he ended up in Georgia (pretty sure not a grad).

Eli Gould is from New York and moved to Alabama to do hockey or something.

Cross-polination is fine.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 08:52:13 EDT »

Hmm, he better be good if he's the guy instead of Blackburn. I don't care where he's from though.

Vince Dooley is an Auburn grad.

Pat Dye is a UGA grad.

Frank Broyles is a Ga Tech grad.

Doug Dickey, father of the Power T, checkboard end zones and Darryl is a UF grad.

Robert Neyland was a West Point grad.

Gene Stallings is a Texas A&M grad.

Larry Munson is from Minnesota and I have no idea how he ended up in Georgia (pretty sure not a grad).

Eli Gould is from New York and moved to Alabama to do hockey or something.

Cross-polination is fine.

Larry Munson did VU football before UGa too.

I've never been big on staying all Tennessee... I just think we are going too far away from Tennessee people. It's OK to have some outsiders sprinkled in but when it comes to UT people we seem to have NONE.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 09:15:45 EDT »

I don't care if he's a communist as long as we start winning our share against UF and Bama.
101stDad
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 09:17:23 EDT »

I don't really care where he comes from as long as he has big time AD experience and isn't afraid to pull the trigger when changes need to be made.  

I won't say that Hart is my first choice, or even on my short list, but we certainly could do worse.  

« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:28:25 EDT by 101stDad » Logged
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 09:25:03 EDT »

Well...we used to have an AD that "threw" a bowl game on purpose and left us to coach the crocs.......
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 09:29:25 EDT »

Well...we used to have an AD that "threw" a bowl game on purpose and left us to coach the crocs.......

LOL! I haven't heard anyone say that in a long time. An oldy but a goody. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 09:45:44 EDT »

LOL! I haven't heard anyone
say that in a long time. An oldy but a goody. 

My dad still hasn't forgiven him.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 10:09:21 EDT »

Seriously, what's the book on him? I'll give him a chance, but I'm not sure why I should be thrilled - or despondent.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 10:57:59 EDT »

Just FYI, his son is UTC's AD Rick Hart.  Keeping it all within the family within the UT system, I guess. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 11:04:20 EDT »

Seriously, what's the book on him? I'll give him a chance, but I'm not sure why I should be thrilled - or despondent.

BabySister over at the VS had this to say. I'm not actually going to do any research because I'm lazy but she's a reasonable sort.

Look at the records of the various sports programs while he was there. Most got substantially worse during his tenure. He was a terrible ambassador for the university, and his public responses to many issues left fsu fans cringing with embarrassment. Also, it was under his watch that the academic fraud scandal unfolded. That he didn't have a better handle on those kinds of problems tells me everything I need to know about the man. Most fsu fans I know were glad to see him go.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 11:08:07 EDT »

I'm sicking of hiring search firms and getting results like this. Do we seriously not have anyone in the administration that can identify talent and do due diligence? Because it's clear the search firm we hired can't.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 12:11:04 EDT »

I don't give a damn who they hire or where he is from as long as he does a good job. Also, the AD needs to a manly man. Hammy was a wee bit on the weeny side, especially when he was whining about how tough it would be to hire a great coach at UT. I mean, c'mon man.

CW
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 01:54:04 EDT »

Bama tv is saying that they have talked to him and threw in for good measure that UT was still looking at a NCAA mess! News travels slow down here!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 08:09:52 EDT »

I don't care if he's a communist as long as we start winning our share against UF and Bama.
Keep Mike Garrett out of this!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 12:09:12 EDT »

Now.....who asked "why should I hate Jimmy Cheek"? I think he is deliberately trying to kill UT sports.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 03:40:23 EDT »

Now.....who asked "why should I hate Jimmy Cheek"? I think he is deliberately trying to kill UT sports.

10EC

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: