VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 11:19:30 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just called my cable company and the game is blacked out here in GA  (Read 6847 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:58:12 EDT »

it will only be available for the Tennessee residents on the ETC system -- SUX SUX SUX   

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 05:01:20 EDT »

Your cable provider is pretty worthless.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 05:12:44 EDT »

I was going to say, based on her posts about them, they have to be the shizzletiest provider I have heard of in a while

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 05:20:41 EDT »

They say it's out of their control.....they don't dictate where it's blacked out.  Has something to do with who has the rights or some crap like that. 

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 05:25:42 EDT »

it will only be available for the Tennessee residents on the ETC system -- SUX SUX SUX   

DirecTV babeeeeeeeeeee its a PTPer for sure and you dont have to worry about blackouts most of the time so make the move and get your diaper dandies up and running babeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...........

(Annoying Dick Vitale voice)

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

10EC
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 05:26:49 EDT »

They say it's out of their control.....they don't dictate where it's blacked out.  Has something to do with who has the rights or some crap like that. 

espn3?
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:14 EDT »

espn3?

If it is blacked out on Gameplan in a specific area, then ESPN3 blacks it out, too.  They want folks to buy the PPV. 
10EC
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 05:33:34 EDT »

If it is blacked out on Gameplan in a specific area, then ESPN3 blacks it out, too.  They want folks to buy the PPV. 

Well crap.  Moving to Atlanta is going to suck
101stDad
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 05:37:17 EDT »

Well crap.  Moving to Atlanta is going to suck

You should be ok in Atlanta.  Granny lives in North Georgia.  Totally different area and different cable providers.  Besides, her cable company doesn't even offer ESPN3, according to what she said. 

When are you moving? 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 06:00:12 EDT »

Granny did you get my PM?
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 06:03:30 EDT »

Granny did you get my PM?

Yes I did....I'll probably find it somewhere on the internet -- I've had luck in the past on Justintv....so maybe I can see it there.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 06:04:42 EDT »

Whatever happened to all SEC games would be televised?? Wasn't that part of the ESPN deal??  Granny - head out to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 06:07:11 EDT »

You should be ok in Atlanta.  Granny lives in North Georgia.  Totally different area and different cable providers.  Besides, her cable company doesn't even offer ESPN3, according to what she said. 

When are you moving? 

Yes you will probably get it in Atlanta...my cable company is small and local (Ellijay Telephone Company) and it's servce territory happens to cross over into some areas of SE Tennessee -- wonderful customer service, but lacking sometimes in this area for sure.   Irritating....but to change my cable tv to satellite and keep the cable internet (can't get fast enough dsl up here for work) is way too expensive....so for now I'm kind of stuck where I am. 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 06:17:36 EDT »

Whatever happened to all SEC games would be televised?? Wasn't that part of the ESPN deal??  Granny - head out to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the game.

You didn't read the fine print.

All SEC games will be televised (except the school gets to keep the rights to one game a year for PPV where they keep all the money).

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 06:52:51 EDT »

When are you moving? 

House is on the market as of today.  Sucks after 43 years growing up in E. Tenn., but I do love my job and it's a good time to have one.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 03:43:30 EDT »

You didn't read the fine print.

All SEC games will be televised (except the school gets to keep the rights to one game a year for PPV where they keep all the money).

So she shouldn't miss any other games.  PPV is overpriced anyway, IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: