VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 08:45:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hubbs says that the job is Hart's to turn down  (Read 2015 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2011, 06:23:59 EDT »

and that UT is willing to pay him $800k to $1 million a year. Basilio says that big money people are furious with Cheek over this situation. ReVOLver says he doesn't know what to think and is probably not going to worry about it too much since I can't change it one way or the other. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 06:49:21 EDT »

The only big money man Cheek has to worry about is Haslam.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 07:15:03 EDT »

I don't want Hart, simply because he was involved in the FSU academics scandal and he's been at Alabama. Given Alabama's history, I'm not sure you can serve in that athletic department and not come away tainted. And given our recent problems, we need a squeaky-clean AD who understands by-the-book compliance.

Anyway, like you said, there isn't much we can do about it. One thing is clearer than ever, though: Cheek has got to go. Period. This AD search has been a complete cluster. I guess the only thing that would make it any worse is if Hart turned us down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: