VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 05:02:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: attendance - 94,661 ...eesh*  (Read 3283 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2011, 02:53:35 EDT »

Nm
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 05:15:01 EDT »

They stopped people from going in when the storm hit.  A lot left before ever getting through the gate.  Was really a good turn out before the storm. 

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 07:00:34 EDT »

Yeah, makes sense.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 07:04:07 EDT »

I was pleasantly surprised by the attendance. Given the opponent, the hot temps (heard a number of people say yesterday they weren't going just because of the weather) and the fan apathy that still exists, I really expected 80,000-85,000.

What was disappointing was how out of it the crowd was. But I guess that's understandable. After getting soaked I was a little out of it myself. I went from blazing hot and actually making the comment when the clouds started building, "Ya know, a little rain would feel good right now as long as there's no lightning involved"  to freezing.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:07:57 EDT »

Another thought I had is that the attendance count now may be a more "true" count... since now they're scanning the barcodes on the tickets it seems to me it would be a more precise tally.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 07:12:21 EDT »

Another thought I had is that the attendance count now may be a more "true" count... since now they're scanning the barcodes on the tickets it seems to me it would be a more precise tally.

I wondered about that, too. 94k seemed a touch high to me, but definitely much more believable than some of those numbers they were throwing out last year.
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:50 EDT »

UT still counts everybody in the stadium - actual tickets sold, media, concession workers, support staff, bands - everybody. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: