VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 08:42:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For some perspective here are Week 1 Saragin Rankings  (Read 4025 times)
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:30:51 EDT »

Jeff Saragin has been ranking all the division 1 and 2 schools
for a long time, and I believe his poll makes up part of the
BCS system. He had UT 41 and Montana 91. Vandy was 90. Cincy
is 42 and Austin Peay (Cincy's opponent was 236). The entire
poll has about 250 teams.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:30:06 EDT »

Very interesting and good for perspective.  Thanks for posting this.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 11:19:32 EDT »

Where did he rank GA?
japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 12:51:24 EDT »

Here are the SEC teams in his rankings before the games on Saturday:

Alabama 1
Florida 6 - Seems too high but you never know
LSU 8
Auburn 11 -Obviously his computer had some sort of virus when this computation was made
Arkansas 13
Georgia 25
South Carolina 26
Mississippi St 38
Tennessee 42
Ole Miss 50
Kentucky 55
Vanderbilt 90
CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 01:16:59 EDT »

Georgia is in big trouble. They have talent but 80% of the fans have bailed on Richt and I think you'll see some of the players follow soon.

Of course, I don't think that sort of thing is factored in with the other data in his ratings.

CW
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 01:30:39 EDT »

Keep in mind that any computer rankings are next to worthless at this point in the season.  They get more accurate as more games are played, but right now, they're no less subjective than human polls.

japanvol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 01:37:35 EDT »

I agree with CobbWebb. I live in Athens and have likened Richt's run in the second half of 2007 to Fulmer's the same year, an aberration that buys them more time. The main difference being that Richt was at the time only 2 years removed from winning the SEC Championship and was fresh off beating rival Florida, (remember UGA has only beaten Florida 3 times in the last 21 games so a win goes a long way.) If they lose to South Carolina they will be 14-14 in their last 28 games and I think the players will bail on him, I know the fans will. In fact, a loss to UT in October could be the actual nail in the coffin.
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 01:45:46 EDT »

I agree with CobbWebb. I live in Athens and have likened Richt's run in the second half of 2007 to Fulmer's the same year, an aberration that buys them more time. The main difference being that Richt was at the time only 2 years removed from winning the SEC Championship and was fresh off beating rival Florida, (remember UGA has only beaten Florida 3 times in the last 21 games so a win goes a long way.) If they lose to South Carolina they will be 14-14 in their last 28 games and I think the players will bail on him, I know the fans will. In fact, a loss to UT in October could be the actual nail in the coffin.

Would that be a hobnail?  Hopefully so.

Wherever you go, there you are.
CobbWebb
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 01:49:16 EDT »

Things will have gone full circle if that happens because the 2001 victory in Knoxville put him on the map.

CW

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: