VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:46:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Hart is official and we're buying out the Oregon return game?  (Read 5031 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2011, 11:26:42 EDT »

Hmm. The hits keep a-comin'. I can't say I understand the former and the latter means two back-outs in two years.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 11:32:35 EDT »

We're buying out the Oregon game?  That sucks.  Another cancelled roadtrip I wanted to make.   

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 11:34:22 EDT »

I believe that it means conference expansion and we will have more conference games.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 11:36:32 EDT »

I believe that it means conference expansion and we will have more conference games.

Well, if it's the date that conference expansion will require to be cleared, that's fine. If it's that we had to cancel one game and we CHOSE Oregon instead of other opponents (which may not even be filled yet) then it still sucks and we still look weak.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

GatorDJ
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 12:36:40 EDT »

Clocky, there are now conflicting reports on the Oregon game situation.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 12:43:53 EDT »

Clocky, there are now conflicting reports on the Oregon game situation.

Yeah, I just saw that. Seems that this cancellation is news to our football staff. The source was Chip Kelly so I wonder what the story is.

GatorDJ
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:51:23 EDT »

Well, the official UT Twitter account just said the game is on.  Yeah, I wonder what the story is too.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:10:43 EDT »

Yeah, I just saw that. Seems that this cancellation is news to our football staff. The source was Chip Kelly so I wonder what the story is.
Maybe Kelly is concerned that four years of great recruiting by Dooley will result in a similar game as he experienced Saturday night and HE wants out!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:14:47 EDT »

@Vol_Football: Contrary to reports, our head coach and team expect to make the trip to Oregon in '13 unless they cancel.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 01:26:43 EDT »

@Vol_Football: Contrary to reports, our head coach and team expect to make the trip to Oregon in '13 unless they cancel.

YIPPEE!! That's one road trip I intend to make!   

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 01:30:22 EDT »

Chip Kelly sure looks like a moron right now. Wonder what his intentions were with that statement?
XHotlanta
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 03:27:18 EDT »

So, we hired a 62-yr. old to take the reins at UT, eh?    Makes me feel ... young.   I'm sure he'll be here until he reaches, say, 66, and retires on his full-time social security.  I look for great things in the next 4 yr.

Hope the dude does well, he may surpass everyone's expectations.  I sure hope so!  ??!!??!!?   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 03:48:38 EDT »

So, we hired a 62-yr. old to take the reins at UT, eh?    Makes me feel ... young.   I'm sure he'll be here until he reaches, say, 66, and retires on his full-time social security.  I look for great things in the next 4 yr.

Hope the dude does well, he may surpass everyone's expectations.  I sure hope so!  ??!!??!!?   

Doug Dickey was AD until age 70, FWIW.   It could also be that right now we need more of a transition guy.  I don't care if he leaves after 5 years, provided he rights the ship first.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: