VTTW Board Index
April 18, 2024, 03:08:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dooley on throwing to Hunter and D Rogers "too much"  (Read 3642 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2011, 04:08:49 EDT »

There has been a lot of worry from the media and fans (me included) that nobody else besides Da'Rick and Justin stepped up to do anything in game one... Dooley's philosophy is simpler.

"What I don't want to do is say let's don't show a tendency (by throwing it) to Justin Hunter, and then throw to these other guys and they make five yards. So I'd rather just feed it to the guy as long as he can catch it. That's kinda my 'back-yard' in me, you know... I mean that guy is good, throw it to him. 'Well they got two on him...' Well... give it a shot anyway."

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:09:12 EDT »

PC link... http://vimeo.com/28625858

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 05:38:54 EDT »

People are seriously worried about that?  I wasnt online much over the weekend, so its news to me.  Wow.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:46:32 EDT »

receiver from the snap on most passing plays.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:58:27 EDT »

People are seriously worried about that?  I wasnt online much over the weekend, so its news to me.  Wow.

Lots of stuff in the media about how nobody in the slot made an impact. It was one of the things I noticed during the game. In hindsight those guys were open though so it's not a big deal.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 05:59:39 EDT »

receiver from the snap on most passing plays.

In college I don't think that's a big deal and never have thought that was a big deal. That could mean that his pre-snap read is correct. Also I think sometimes it seems that a QB is staring down a receiver when there is more than one receiver in the area.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 06:22:55 EDT »

In college I don't think that's a big deal and never have thought that was a big deal. That could mean that his pre-snap read is correct. Also I think sometimes it seems that a QB is staring down a receiver when there is more than one receiver in the area.

I tend to agree with that, but I also think that there are times when Bray DID lock onto a receiver too early and it almost cost him. One time that jumps out is the interception in the end zone that was overturned by the pass interference penalty. After the play fake, Bray had Poole wide open in the middle of the field for what would have been a first down on a third down play. But he was looking end zone the entire time, and made a poor decision of throwing into double coverage.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 06:29:56 EDT »

I guess I'm just still at the point of being thankful we have players with as much talent and potential as those two have.. there are worse problems to have.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: