VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:51:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To me the issue with Denton and Kesling is competency  (Read 27608 times)
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:43 EDT »

OK.

Well that was easy!   
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 01:10:05 EDT »

Should have been Mike Keith.  Period... Yet another gaff by UT admin...

NO NO NO Keith is an egotist of the highest caliber....

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2011, 01:19:57 EDT »

gee thanks a lot.

I didn't mean any offense... I am not a fan of Memphis though.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2011, 01:40:09 EDT »

NO NO NO Keith is an egotist of the highest caliber....

Compared to Blob? 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 02:00:59 EDT »

Compared to Blob? 

Having dealt with Keith he is much more of an egotist than Kesling....Keith thinks he knows it all and doesn't...Kesling thinks he knows it all and is connected enough to get the answers......

EmerilVOL

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2011, 02:06:38 EDT »

Everyone who roots for the Titans is a turd and needs his eggs stomped.

Okay, not really. I can sympathize with those arguing that the Titans do not feel like "Tennessee's team." Around Knoxville you really don't find much advertising and don't hear much conversation. But I do know there are at least a lot of Knoxvillians who take the Titans as their #1 NFL team-- they're just not NFL people so it's not something they live and breathe. I would guess that 2.5 hours away (in the same state) from most NFL teams, you'd find more hardcore fandom.

But the Titans are a first generation franchise when it comes to Tennessee. 10EC's kids and his kids' kids will grow up with the Titans being around, and that will probably eventually make Titan fanship a bit more pervasive across Tennessee.

NFL football is like all other pro sports to me if you take away my allegiance to UT players; I have no team. I only have teams I don't like. I prefer the Titans to at least half the league, so that's something.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

10EC
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2011, 02:17:40 EDT »

Funny thing.  My favorite team (and I really don't like NFL anyway) is the Seahawks.  I remember watching Steve Largent and appreciating a white boy that could catch. 
101stDad
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2011, 03:04:00 EDT »

You can't tell me that he didn't know that John Ward was retiring the next year and that UT alreday said it was Bob.  He had sooo much more experience as a play caller.  I think he would have wanted the UT job more and would have waited for UT over the Titans offer if he knew he was going to be the UT guy.  It was one of the worst decisions by the UT Admin imo.

The Titans job was a perfect fit for Mike.  He is from the Nashville area (Franklin), his family is still there, and he wanted to be involved in the NFL from day one.  He is also more than just the Titans play by play guy - he serves as the "Director of Broadcasting" - which includes working with sponsors - and makes way more money than Kesling does.  I just don't see him leaving the Titans to come back to UT.  

And an edit after I read the rest of this thread:

Bottom line, if you don't want to root for the Titans, don't.  I have no problem with their calling themselves the Tennessee Titans.  While it is obvious that a majority of their season ticket holders live in Middle Tennessee, they have fans from all over the state.  I watch the Titans when I want to, and my TV has an on/off button when I don't want to watch them.  Nobody is forcing anybody to watch/support the Titans, just like nobody forces anybody to be a UT fan.    

Another thing I find funny is the "UT vs. The Titans" thing.  The fan bases just don't cross that much.  Vanderbilt lost potential season ticket holders when the Titans came to town, not UT.  The Titans didn't take anything away from UT, and in fact, that is an apples and bananas comparison.  

And to close, and I know I am risking being labled the bad guy once again, but to call Mike Ketih an egotist, while cannonizing Bobby Denton just drips of irony.  

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:30:15 EDT by 101stDad » Logged
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2011, 03:37:24 EDT »

Didn't really bother me I just had to gig you a little bit.    

I didn't mean any offense... I am not a fan of Memphis though.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2011, 06:24:49 EDT »

And to close, and I know I am risking being labled the bad guy once again, but to call Mike Ketih an egotist, while cannonizing Bobby Denton just drips of irony.  

I never CANONIZED Denton...I was jsut remarking that Keith was an egotist there was not any attempt to link him to Denton or canonize Denton in way shape form or fashion so how was that leap accomplished?

I respect Keith for the job he does but I still think he is an egotist.

EmerilVOL

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2011, 07:16:32 EDT »

I never CANONIZED Denton...I was jsut remarking that Keith was an egotist there was not any attempt to link him to Denton or canonize Denton in way shape form or fashion so how was that leap accomplished?

I respect Keith for the job he does but I still think he is an egotist.

I think 101st combined the points of view of several different posters.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2011, 08:29:46 EDT »

I think for it to meet the criteria of being ironic, the same poster would need to have cannonized Denton and label Keith an egoist.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2011, 08:34:41 EDT »

I think for it to meet the criteria of being ironic, the same poster would need to have cannonized Denton and label Keith an egoist.
It's like the song " ironic" which mentions nothing ironic but really disappointments and pains in the neck. Isn't it ironic...dontcha think.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: