VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 11:42:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nice win by the Panthers last night  (Read 3830 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 02:23:09 EDT »

Come from behind win.
About everything that could go wrong went wron for the first 2/3 of the game, except for Mobley who had two long TD runs and a 15 yard TD where not even a shadow was laid on him.  268 yards on 21 carries.

Ky RB coach was at the game. 

As good as he is running the ball I think he could be a better weak side LB.

Your 2nd ranked Panthers are 4-0 with a bullet!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 02:28:34 EDT »

Come from behind win.
About everything that could go wrong went wron for the first 2/3 of the game, except for Mobley who had two long TD runs and a 15 yard TD where not even a shadow was laid on him.  268 yards on 21 carries.

Ky RB coach was at the game. 

As good as he is running the ball I think he could be a better weak side LB.

Your 2nd ranked Panthers are 4-0 with a bullet!

I heard a guy on the Sports Animal this morning talking about that game and Mobley. Big win for the Panthers and a stud performance from Mobley, but of course the guy complained that UT didn't seem to be recruiting him. I don't know if Mobley is SEC talent or not . . . it's hard to tell for a rank amateur observer like me. A lot of big numbers are put up by high school athletes that are not top caliber college prospects.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 02:36:54 EDT »

I heard a guy on the Sports Animal this morning talking about that game and Mobley. Big win for the Panthers and a stud performance from Mobley, but of course the guy complained that UT didn't seem to be recruiting him. I don't know if Mobley is SEC talent or not . . . it's hard to tell for a rank amateur observer like me. A lot of big numbers are put up by high school athletes that are not top caliber college prospects.

101 dad can confirm but I think there is some interest by UT in Mobley.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

101stDad
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:58:42 EDT »

101 dad can confirm but I think there is some interest by UT in Mobley.

Yes, UT has been recruiting Dy'shawn for quite some time, now.  No offer has been extended, and honestly I don't believe one will come from UT, and Dy'shawn would be better served getting away from home, in my opinion.   

I expect him to end up at either Kentucky or Mississippi State.  The UK running backs coach got quite a show last night.  I also believe he will eventually end up at the outside linebacker position.  He is a very good running back, but his closing speed from the OLB spot is the most impressive thing about his game.  Mobley became the all time leading rusher at Powell a couple of weeks ago. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:23:01 EDT »

Yes, UT has been recruiting Dy'shawn for quite some time, now.  No offer has been extended, and honestly I don't believe one will come from UT, and Dy'shawn would be better served getting away from home, in my opinion.   

I expect him to end up at either Kentucky or Mississippi State.  The UK running backs coach got quite a show last night.  I also believe he will eventually end up at the outside linebacker position.  He is a very good running back, but his closing speed from the OLB spot is the most impressive thing about his game.  Mobley became the all time leading rusher at Powell a couple of weeks ago. 
I thought he'd make a better LB in college.
I couldn't handle your 30 second delay last night vs the TV stream. 
As bad as Powell played the first half, to be down only 3 was an accomplishment.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

101stDad
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:46:24 EDT »

I thought he'd make a better LB in college.
I couldn't handle your 30 second delay last night vs the TV stream. 
As bad as Powell played the first half, to be down only 3 was an accomplishment.

Sorry about the steaming delay.  We are at the mercy of our internet servers. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:04:20 EDT »

Sorry about the steaming delay.  We are at the mercy of our internet servers. 
Roger that, listened to the half time and post game shows

On the 3rd TD you or I could have ran through that hole!  They cleared out the right side.

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:32 EDT »

Mobley is the real deal. The kid from Oak Ridge is really good, too. WVLT will go all season without having two RBs of that caliber on the field at the same time again this year.

If Powell doesn't stop taking the first quarter off they're gonna pay for it when they take on a team that is on equal footing with them.

I had hoped next week's Powell/Andy Co. game would be a good one but considering the Mavs were beaten by Grace, maybe not... Davey Gillum thinks this outstanding freshman class he has will be state title contenders in a couple of years, though, so that rivalry is only going to get better. There's a lot said about District 4 in all 3 classifications, and for good reason, but when everybody is firing on all cylinders, there may not be a district in the state that is any more fun than District 3-AAA, assuming T$$AA leaves it alone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: