VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 04:03:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moe's. Billy Barou.  (Read 15202 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:08:47 EDT »

Steak, black beans, jalapenos, cheese, tomatillo mild salsa, and a medium red salsa. Hawaiian punch.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:11:29 EDT »

Soda and a pack of crackers.

Busy day.  :-(
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:13:15 EDT »

The standard: Peanuts and Coke Zero. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 07:14:30 EDT »

Lenny's... chicken salad on wheat, no cheese... lettuce, tomato, onion, green peppers, salt & pepper, oregano, oil & vinegar, hot pepper relish. No chips, water to drink.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 07:42:36 EDT »

Grilled reuben, cole slaw, tea.
10EC
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 07:54:40 EDT »

Steak, black beans, jalapenos, cheese, tomatillo mild salsa, and a medium red salsa. Hawaiian punch.

To me, Moe's is synonimous with "Home Wrecker"
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:56:52 EDT »

My standard meal at Moe's has always been the Joey Bag of Donuts with steak, cheese, pico, sour cream, cilantro and fresh jalapenos, chips with tomatilla salsa and El Guapo's Infamous salsa mixed with Hard Rock sauce. Then I pour Hard Rock sauce on my burrito as I eat it. I want it so hot it makes me sweat. Combining the jalapenos with the Hard Rock sauce is almost enough to make me cry.

Lately I've been trying to get the Close Talker salad with salsa instead of dressing.

Little known fact about Moe's is that their steak actually has less calories than their chicken (by a smidge).

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:01:23 EDT »

Culvers new onion lovers burger, onion rings, pepsi max. a breath mint afterwards

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:04:19 EDT »

Zaxby's Blue Zalad.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:46 EDT »

Fire and Ice salad made from home grown veggies and green tea.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 08:16:43 EDT »

Alright, CO.  Give it up.  Where is Moe's? And when can we meet for you to buy me lunch there? 

Bammer suxes! That is all!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 08:21:37 EDT »

Alright, CO.  Give it up.  Where is Moe's? And when can we meet for you to buy me lunch there? 

Moe's is on the strip... Cumberland Avenue. Alcoa Hwy to Kingston Pike... if you are going towards campus it is on the right across from the Copper Cellar.

Moe's is a chain place ... we have them in Middle TN too. CO will be glad to buy you lunch. 

Sadly the building that Moe's is in used to be Sam and Andy's and then Slappy's deli. Long live Sam and Andy's... I spent many a gameday there. 

Model 12
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:20 EDT »

Also very close for you.  Turkey Creek, across the street from Belk (or across the parking lot from Smoky Mtn Brewery/Calhouns).  

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 08:26:53 EDT »

Also very close for you.  Turkey Creek, across the street from Belk (or across the parking lot from Smoky Mtn Brewery/Calhouns).  

Thanks, Model 12.  That is very close. I can be there in about 5 minutes.

Just found your email this morning with your contact info.  We are all moved in now, but maybe you have some room in your garage for a few boxes?    Just kidding. Was going to send you an email to see if you wanted to meet for lunch one day. I could stand to get to know some other people in the area. And maybe if CO (and any other Knoxville-based posters) isn't doing anything, he could join us, too. I am still in that 'just started work, not yet busy with anything' stage of my new job, so I am somewhat flexible.  Let me know.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:14 EDT »

I like Qdoba a little better than Moes

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 08:30:18 EDT »

Culvers new onion lovers burger, onion rings, pepsi max. a breath mint afterwards

I will miss Culvers. Great burgers for a chain; better than Five Guys, IMO.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 08:32:35 EDT »

I will miss Culvers. Great burgers for a chain; better than Five Guys, IMO.

Awesome burgers, better than a lot of sit down places. Great frozen custard and onion rings. Their food overall is just damn good.

10EC
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 08:41:59 EDT »

Sadly the building that Moe's is in used to be Sam and Andy's and then Slappy's deli. Long live Sam and Andy's... I spent many a gameday there. 

Didn't it use to be spicy's wings and a long, long time ago, Swensen's Ice Cream?
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 08:43:33 EDT »

The standard: Peanuts and Coke Zero. 

Peanuts in or out of the coke? There's a difference!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 08:47:29 EDT »

Peanuts in or out of the coke? There's a difference!

with coke zero? It only tastes good with real coke !

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:09 EDT »

In addition to the one on the strip, there's one on Northshore Dr. just east of Pellissippi Pkwy (140). It's probably halfway between my house and yours.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 09:17:09 EDT »

Thanks, Model 12.  That is very close. I can be there in about 5 minutes.

Just found your email this morning with your contact info.  We are all moved in now, but maybe you have some room in your garage for a few boxes?    Just kidding. Was going to send you an email to see if you wanted to meet for lunch one day. I could stand to get to know some other people in the area. And maybe if CO (and any other Knoxville-based posters) isn't doing anything, he could join us, too. I am still in that 'just started work, not yet busy with anything' stage of my new job, so I am somewhat flexible.  Let me know.

Lunch can be tricky if I'm trying to meet people who work out West because of the time crunch to get back to campus and park, but I can probably do it. And if not that, I am always up for a happy hour somewhere after work.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 09:27:01 EDT »

I like Qdoba a little better than Moes

My wife shares your opinion.

There are a lot of people who like Chipotle better than Moe's. I thought Chipotle was just OK. I like Moe's best out of all of those Calimex places.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 09:28:03 EDT »

Lunch can be tricky if I'm trying to meet people who work out West because of the time crunch to get back to campus and park, but I can probably do it. And if not that, I am always up for a happy hour somewhere after work.

Alright, then.  Maybe I'll let you get away with only buying me a beer or few.  I'll let you know.

One thing you were certainly right about was the traffic.  Good googly-moogly there is a bunch of folks around here. I did find one backroad that I can hit that doesn't seem to have too much traffic. Still, on the worst day so far, I was at work in 15 minutes.  Much better than the 45 it was taking me up in Michigan.

101stDad
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 09:41:20 EDT »

Humphammer's Market and Deli's spicy chili with a hot tamale and a Lipton Diet Green Tea with citrus.   
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: