VTTW Board Index
April 16, 2024, 11:04:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moe's. Billy Barou.  (Read 15285 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 09:47:33 EDT »

Humphammer's Market and Deli's spicy chili with a hot tamale and a Lipton Diet Green Tea with citrus.   

Whoa-- there is still a Humphammer's???? I thought the only one was across from Thress, and that one closed awhile ago. Did they just move down the road or something? Where have I been?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 09:54:27 EDT »

My wife shares your opinion.

There are a lot of people who like Chipotle better than Moe's. I thought Chipotle was just OK. I like Moe's best out of all of those Calimex places.

I like Chipotle ok, their meat is supposed to be the healthiest I think. Whatever.... There's also a place here called Bajio grill which has excellent fish and shrimp tacos. I think it's a growing chain.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 09:59:00 EDT »

Of course, none of the things I like at these Calimex places are healthy. If you want healthy you have to go for a naked burrito with no cheese or sour cream. 

http://www.dailygarnish.com/2010/06/how-to-build-a-healthy-meal-at-qdoba.html
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 10:23:44 EDT »

There are a lot of people who like Chipotle better than Moe's. I thought Chipotle was just OK. I like Moe's best out of all of those Calimex places.

Ever have Baja Fresh?
101stDad
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 10:27:10 EDT »

Whoa-- there is still a Humphammer's???? I thought the only one was across from Thress, and that one closed awhile ago. Did they just move down the road or something? Where have I been?

Don't know where you've been.  Hump has been opened at the same location for over 25 years now.  

The business that closed was directly across Beaver Creek from Thress at the corner of Beaver Creek and Clinton Highway.  It was a dry cleaners in half of it, and ther were several businesses in the other half of the building over the past several years.  

Hump's is the next building up on Clinton Highway, across from Walgreen's and next to the car wash.

Thress owns the building where the businesses closed and now uses it as part of their nursery.    

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2011, 10:32:19 EDT »

The business that closed was directly across Beaver Creek from Thress at the corner of Beaver Creek and Clinton Highway.  It was a dry cleaners in half of it, and ther were several businesses in the other half of the building over the past several years.  

No, that's not the one I'm talking about. I'm talking about the business that had gas pumps. Wasn't that Hump's? Did they just stop selling gas?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

101stDad
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2011, 10:41:59 EDT »

No, that's not the one I'm talking about. I'm talking about the business that had gas pumps. Wasn't that Hump's? Did they just stop selling gas?

Yep.  He stopped selling gas back during the first huge gas price jump, back in 2005 when gas hit $3 per gallon.  As an independent gas seller, he couldn't break even, much less make a proffit selling gas.  He never did close his store. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 10:51:58 EDT »

Ever have Baja Fresh?

Yes, but Baja Fresh in Cool Springs is no longer there... that's where Chipotle is.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 11:07:40 EDT »

Yep.  He stopped selling gas back during the first huge gas price jump, back in 2005 when gas hit $3 per gallon.  As an independent gas seller, he couldn't break even, much less make a proffit selling gas.  He never did close his store. 

Aaaah. That explains it. You learn something new every day.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 11:16:46 EDT »

I like Chipotle ok, their meat is supposed to be the healthiest I think. Whatever.... There's also a place here called Bajio grill which has excellent fish and shrimp tacos. I think it's a growing chain.

One of the better Calimex places I've eaten is Taqueria del Sol in Atlanta. And they had a full bar (killer Margaritas).

As far as the health aspect, there is so much sodium in that stuff that it doesn't matter if you go naked with no dairy... the sodium will still kill you.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 02:43:35 EDT »

Moe's, then Chipotle, then n ia poor third Qdoba.  That being said, I think I've eaten at any of the 3 maybe a total of 5-6 times.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 03:31:59 EDT »

with coke zero? It only tastes good with real coke !

I can't consume the sugar contained in a real coke. But I've found coke zero to be a pretty darned close substitute. Same with sprite zero. God bless the folks at Coca-Cola Co. who came up with those drinks. Now if we could just get a sweet tea zero. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 05:05:07 EDT »

I can't consume the sugar contained in a real coke. But I've found coke zero to be a pretty darned close substitute. Same with sprite zero. God bless the folks at Coca-Cola Co. who came up with those drinks. Now if we could just get a sweet tea zero. 

Oh I agree, as far as drinking it by itself or with lunch, etc...I love coke zero and don't drink sugar drinks, but I have found that peanuts don't go well with diet coke or zero.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: