VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:01:55 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, predictions  (Read 16918 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:34:08 EDT »

Early in the week, I'd convinced myself that we would lose. But after thinking about it a lot, I switched yesterday. I do not think we will blow them out because they are going to score, but we are going to score too. Vols win and cover, 38-30.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:38:52 EDT »

Early in the week, I'd convinced myself that we would lose. But after thinking about it a lot, I switched yesterday. I do not think we will blow them out because they are going to score, but we are going to score too. Vols win and cover, 38-30.

Good pick. I think their defense will still be bad and we will be able to outscore them . . . 41-31, good guys.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:41:29 EDT »

35   Cincinnati  27 
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 07:45:02 EDT »

Good guys 31, Bad guys 21
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:01:42 EDT »

31-17 Vols

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 08:15:42 EDT »

I don't think you are giving your D, and your home-field advantage, enough credit. It's over early as you guys roll:

UT - 42  Cincy - 13

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 08:21:20 EDT »

I don't think you are giving your D, and your home-field advantage, enough credit. It's over early as you guys roll:

UT - 42  Cincy - 13

Much as I hope you're right, I don't think you're giving Cincinnati enough credit. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:02 EDT »

Much as I hope you're right, I don't think you're giving Cincinnati enough credit. 

I think he's overestimating our defense. 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:23:58 EDT »

I haven't been able to talk myself into this one.  Really hope I'm wrong, but I do not have a good feeling.

I worry our 1st string D is going to get gassed (Cincy saw the Montana tape so they will do everything they can to wear us out) and our backups will get shredded.  I fear our O-line will once again show us their youth and inexperience.

Cincy-38 UT-24
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 08:27:48 EDT »

I haven't been able to talk myself into this one.  Really hope I'm wrong, but I do not have a good feeling.

I worry our 1st string D is going to get gassed (Cincy saw the Montana tape so they will do everything they can to wear us out) and our backups will get shredded.  I fear our O-line will once again show us their youth and inexperience.

Cincy-38 UT-24

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:58 EDT »

I think he's overestimating our defense. 

Well, if you guys start using the Auburn-package (you know, the one where you can't tackle worth a damn, take the wrong pursuit angles, and cannot get set before they snap the ball  ), then I will certainly change my perdiction.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 08:31:33 EDT »

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 09:19:43 EDT »

Cincy-38 UT-24

Who is Vinnie Vol?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 09:21:00 EDT »

Cincy-38 UT-24

I can see not having a good feeling but... 14 points at home to a Big East team? 

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 09:23:10 EDT »

The VolQuest guys picked the game this way...

John Brice: UT 38, Cincy 27
Brent Hubbs: UT 35, Cincy 31
Rob Lewis: UT 31, Cincy 23
Paul Fortenberry: UT 38, Cincy 31
Austin Price: UT 31, Cincy 24

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 09:25:21 EDT »

Dang Vinnie!  I'm far from convinced UT is going to win this game, but if we get beat at home by two touchdowns by Cincinnati, it's going to be a loooong season. You better not be right!
10EC
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 09:31:26 EDT »

WWFDT

37 - 24  Late TD by them...
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 09:38:29 EDT »

Maybe I'm just jaded...
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 09:40:52 EDT »

Maybe I'm just jaded...

I don't blame you for predicting a loss, or for being jaded... that's why I was picking a loss earlier in the week and I told Incredi as much when we were talking about it.

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 10:02:10 EDT »

UT 34
CINCY 21
Of course I'm picking the Vols.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 10:05:47 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 10:12:44 EDT »

Sure, I used to puff out my chest and say "we are Tennessee, and this Neyland"... I just don't feel that way now.  Cincy isn't a bad team, and even if we win I certainly don't think it will be easy.

I just saw things vs. Montana that indicated to me we're just not there yet.  And the way Montana had its way with our backups, I just think this game can get away from us if we can't sustain drives.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 10:15:19 EDT »

Sure, I used to puff out my chest and say "we are Tennessee, and this Neyland"... I just don't feel that way now.  Cincy isn't a bad team, and even if we win I certainly don't think it will be easy.

I just saw things vs. Montana that indicated to me we're just not there yet.  And the way Montana had its way with our backups, I just think this game can get away from us if we can't sustain drives.

It will be close if we can'r run the ball well. If we can run the ball, this game will be a UT 2-3 TD win

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 10:32:11 EDT »

I am assuming the new baby and Gene Simmons' marriage have temporarily short-circuited Vinnie's wiring. I'll take UT 31 - Cincy - 20.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 10:56:16 EDT »

Lol, indeed... The mind does strange things when deprived of sleep.  :-D
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:08 EDT »

28-14 VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print