VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 02:08:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cinci game thoughts  (Read 1902 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2011, 07:06:37 EDT »

Well, I was pleased. I liked what I saw .. well I liked more than I did not like. I think Cinci has some good skill players and they will score a lot of points this year.

The good:

Bray - wow. So much for a soph slump. Kid's slinging it. And it looks pretty effortless. He't going to be better, too....scary. I guarantee you no DC in this conference is looking forward to defending him

Hunter - He is 100 times better this year, much more of a complete WR.

D Rogers - Last year, basically sweeps. This year he's a physical WR. Nice to have a great one-two punch there this year

Rivera/Downs - TE's making plays all over the place tonight

Poole - started slow, but woke up in second half, helped by Cinci's defense wearing out and the OL getting better. Last year the OL got worse - lack of depth

Bartholomew - Good job blocking. Where was Fugate?

DL - Overall a solid game. Malik had a very good second half, as did Smith. They got some pressure on the QB, something we have not seen in a while.

Kick coverage - solid

coaching - loved the onsides kick call, and the defensive and offensive adjustments

The bad:

Punting - Ugh 35 yard punt with the wind.  Is there another Colquitt we can find somewhere?

Kick and punt returns - nothing exciting

fumbles - both by freshmen,

Rajion Neal- looked really soft on the play where he got rocked and fumbled. We can see why he lost his second team status, he is soft, does not play physical. Now, he does have speed and can be used on reverses and misdirection stuff.

OL in the first half - Run blocking sucked, but they picked it up in second. Still needs to be much better

Linebackers - Inconsistent. Horrible tackle attempt by Vereen on Cinci's first TD

Secondary - Coleman got burned. no ints. Randolph did have a nice hit on the missed 2 point conversion by Cinci

- Overall, lots of improvement, which is a good sign. The Florida game will be interesting.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:44:30 EDT »

Wagner had a nice defended pass on their 3rd down play that led to their field goal.  Vareen played the pass very well yesterday (also against Montana).  Randolph was out of position on the long TD run.  It was interesting that Vareen missed the tackle but Dooley gave his lecture to the secondary group after the play.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:11:57 EDT »

Wagner had a nice defended pass on their 3rd down play that led to their field goal.  Vareen played the pass very well yesterday (also against Montana).  Randolph was out of position on the long TD run.  It was interesting that Vareen missed the tackle but Dooley gave his lecture to the secondary group after the play.

Punting is an issue. Darr may have Leaverton syndrome - Leaverton was terrible his first year, got benched, but came back strong his second year
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: