VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 07:31:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joan Cronan swag  (Read 4488 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:34:51 EDT »

MikeGriffith32 Mike Griffith
UT interim AD Joan Cronan on Vols football: "Derek has surrounded himself with great people, so I'm expecting him to win at Florida.''

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 06:36:38 EDT »

In before TRO calls me out for saying "swag".   

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
TheRealOrange
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 06:39:05 EDT »

In before TRO calls me out for saying "swag".   

Swag?!  I just thought maybe she added a nice new orange and white ornamental curtain in the locker room.   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 06:53:18 EDT »

Swag?!  I just thought maybe she added a nice new orange and white ornamental curtain in the locker room.   

I just saw you lurking and thought I was going to get another lesson in linguistics. 

TheRealOrange
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 07:41:13 EDT »

I just saw you lurking and thought I was going to get another lesson in linguistics. 

Today my grammar wrath is aimed directly at television announcers, narrators, etc.   
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:42:14 EDT »

Today my grammar wrath is aimed directly at television announcers, narrators, etc.   

Starting to get to the "Talk Show Hosts are Lame Mode?"

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:49:20 EDT »

My wife likes to watch The Bachelor Pad and all that crap. It's great watching these 20-somethings wax poetic and act like they have life figured out. What really gets me is that they believe that "[name or pronoun] and I" is always correct grammar.  They say it incorrectly with what seems to me to be an air of feigned intelligence and it really drives me nuts.  I end up screaming at the TV, "IT'S 'AND ME'...'AND ME' YOU MORON!!!"

That is the end of my story. I feel better now.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 08:51:41 EDT »

My wife likes to watch The Bachelor Pad and all that crap. It's great watching these 20-somethings wax poetic and act like they have life figured out. What really gets me is that they believe that "[name or pronoun] and I" is always correct grammar.  They say it incorrectly with what seems to me to be an air of feigned intelligence and it really drives me nuts.  I end up screaming at the TV, "IT'S 'AND ME'...'AND ME' YOU MORON!!!"

That is the end of my story. I feel better now.

My wife also watches "The Bachelor Pad" and I know exactly what you are talking about. "She was really mean to Hunter and I!!!!!"

TheRealOrange
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 10:21:55 EDT »

My wife also watches "The Bachelor Pad" and I know exactly what you are talking about. "She was really mean to Hunter and I!!!!!"

I haven't been bored enough to watch talk shows or stuff like "The Bachelor Pad," but people use "he" and "she" incorrectly all the time too.  They apparently think it sounds more intelligent.  Hey people, sometimes "him" and "her" and actually correct!  And, in a similar situation to your example, they often use "myself" when "me" is correct.  "She was really mean to Hunter and myself!!!!!"   Just take out the "Hunter and" and see what works, then use it!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 10:29:57 EDT »

I haven't been bored enough to watch talk shows or stuff like "The Bachelor Pad," but people use "he" and "she" incorrectly all the time too.  They apparently think it sounds more intelligent.  Hey people, sometimes "him" and "her" and actually correct!  And, in a similar situation to your example, they often use "myself" when "me" is correct.  "She was really mean to Hunter and myself!!!!!"   Just take out the "Hunter and" and see what works, then use it!

Message boarding has ruined my grammar when I type. Believe it or not I'm actually pretty well at grammar! 

TheRealOrange
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 10:36:33 EDT »

Message boarding has ruined my grammar when I type. Believe it or not I'm actually pretty well at grammar! 

Sam Malone: "I wrote pretty good in high school."
Diane Chambers: "You didn't write pretty good. You wrote pretty well."
Ernie 'Coach' Pantusso: [to Norm] "Gee, I wish she'd make up her mind."
Sam Malone: [to Diane] "Whoa, wait a sec here. Listen, I got an idea. You're a pretty g... well writer."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: