VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 09:14:59 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I realize everyone is giddy over the qb and receivers (me included) ...but  (Read 6306 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:11:20 EDT »

before we declare them all Heisman candidates, let's wait until they play an SEC defense or two

volsboyinsodak
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:15:42 EDT »

before we declare them all Heisman candidates, let's wait until they play an SEC defense or two

Gotta have good QB and WR play against the lesser teams before they can be good against SEC teams.  Ya'lls schedule is really great this year. Opening against a weak team in Montana. Then playing a better team in Cincy. Then against Florida. A chance to get some confidence for your team going into this weekend. 

Bammer suxes! That is all!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:20:12 EDT »

heart attack city for sure

volsboyinsodak
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 10:26:41 EDT »

I don't think anybody has anointed any of them Heisman candidates yet, but what they've done in the first two games is better than anything we've had through the air since Peyton / Peerless / Wilson / Nash. They could crash and burn this week though for sure.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 01:18:59 EDT »

I'm confident the Heisman will be awarded in a 4-way tie between Bray, Hunter, Rogers, and Manning (they finally sorta fix the gaffe they made against Peyton).
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 03:22:46 EDT »

...and Manning (they finally sorta fix the gaffe they made against Peyton).

You dare speak of that which shall never be spoken of...

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 03:40:48 EDT »

Gotta have good QB and WR play against the lesser teams before they can be good against SEC teams.  Ya'lls schedule is really great this year. Opening against a weak team in Montana. Then playing a better team in Cincy. Then against Florida. A chance to get some confidence for your team going into this weekend. 

Hear, hear!  Well said.  They will "treat it as a home game, and play pitch and catch"     
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 04:30:48 EDT »

With UF starting 2 FR in the backfield, the UT Receivers could have a big game this weeekend. It worries most UF fans.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 04:41:19 EDT »

With UF starting 2 FR in the backfield, the UT Receivers could have a big game this weeekend. It worries most UF fans.

I'd just like to see us go for it for once in this series.  For too many years we played scared and cautious and it showed.  I think that mentality will change with Dooley.. I hope it shows in our offensive gameplan.

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 05:34:19 EDT »

Those guys pretty much insure that we will NOT be running the toss sweep with the game on the line, so that alone makes me giddy.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 05:55:24 EDT »

Those guys pretty much insure that we will NOT be running the toss sweep with the game on the line, so that alone makes me giddy.

Well said. 
bUTros bUTros-VOLlie
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 07:47:23 EDT »

I don't have to do that. I'm just a fan. I can get giddy and crazy and braggy and stuff like Tennessee fans have always done. If we lose, I just go back to square one and start all over again.     Go, you dang Vols!       

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their Orange. - Qwerty Vol Underwood
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 03:55:57 EDT »

The horror!  The horror!  The horror!

Sorry, you just made me flashback, Apocalypse Now style.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 03:56:51 EDT »

I'd just like to see us go for it for once in this series.  For too many years we played scared and cautious and it showed.  I think that mentality will change with Dooley.. I hope it shows in our offensive gameplan.

Dooley has made it clear that it has changed, both with his preaseason comments and also with how the first couple of games have been called.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: