VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 10:27:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So....where do ya'll hangout for away games?  (Read 3492 times)
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 10:26:49 EDT »

Or, alternatively speaking, is there a good sports bar around the area to watch some of the game? I heard the party's at CO's house, but I cannot confirm this  .

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 10:47:39 EDT »

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I prefer to watch away games alone.  At least, away games where the outcome is in doubt.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 10:49:54 EDT »

Quote from: VinnieVOL link=topic=2[sup
[/sup]1124.msg100037#msg100037 date=1315860459]
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I prefer to watch away games alone.  At least, away games where the outcome is in doubt.

YOU JERK!   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 10:51:33 EDT »

Or, alternatively speaking, is there a good sports bar around the area to watch some of the game? I heard the party's at CO's house, but I cannot confirm this  .
I tend to watch away games from the stadium where the game is being played.

If you don't mind a bit of drive time, I hear TStud throws good parties ...   

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:52:38 EDT »

YOU JERK!   
Must be typing on a computer ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 11:51:18 EDT »

Tiger, you would probably enjoy Bailey's Sports Bar which is probably just a mile or so east of you on Kingston Pike (a few blocks west of Cedar Bluff in a shopping center where EdAmerica has their home offices). They have good food and drink at decent prices, a nice atmosphere, upteen billiard tables and lots of tv's, including large-screen (10x10) projecters. It's an over-21 crowd so they can allow smoking, but it's not smokey in there. It's pretty large and they have air-movers.

The service is pretty good as well! Plus, they have multiple drink/food specials, run PPV events (at no cost or cover) and while it is a good sports bar, I've never seen any altercations in the place. There are a lot of regulars here and it is not unusual to see local fan clubs for various college and NFL teams blend in well. They will cater groups at pretty darn good prices, too! About 10 years ago I won a drawing for an onsite tailgate party with enough food to feed 15 and everything (foodwise) beyond that at half price. I don't believe the legislature allows them to give you free beers, but they can discount it.

Hell, I might even join you since everyone (except my brother and me) in my immediate family and both extendeds on my parents sides are Aubie alums (my mother was Miss Auburn and my baby sister was a 1st runner-up). In fact I have a niece in her sophmore year down there now.

Check it out and give me a shout.

GreggO
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 12:46:03 EDT »

Tiger, you would probably enjoy Bailey's Sports Bar which is probably just a mile or so east of you on Kingston Pike (a few blocks west of Cedar Bluff in a shopping center where EdAmerica has their home offices). They have good food and drink at decent prices, a nice atmosphere, upteen billiard tables and lots of tv's, including large-screen (10x10) projecters. It's an over-21 crowd so they can allow smoking, but it's not smokey in there. It's pretty large and they have air-movers.

The service is pretty good as well! Plus, they have multiple drink/food specials, run PPV events (at no cost or cover) and while it is a good sports bar, I've never seen any altercations in the place. There are a lot of regulars here and it is not unusual to see local fan clubs for various college and NFL teams blend in well. They will cater groups at pretty darn good prices, too! About 10 years ago I won a drawing for an onsite tailgate party with enough food to feed 15 and everything (foodwise) beyond that at half price. I don't believe the legislature allows them to give you free beers, but they can discount it.

Hell, I might even join you since everyone (except my brother and me) in my immediate family and both extendeds on my parents sides are Aubie alums (my mother was Miss Auburn and my baby sister was a 1st runner-up). In fact I have a niece in her sophmore year down there now.

Check it out and give me a shout.

GreggO

Thanks, GreggO. I may have to check that out.  And if I get there, I will let you know. First beer's on me.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: