VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 02:37:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Upon further review  (Read 1921 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:59:11 EDT »

After watching the replay a few thoughts
1) The VOLS have found themselves a FB - Bartholomew flat kicked ass Saturday.  He was hitting people and they stayed hit.  He created two holes that Poole didn't exploit (running play #1 being one of the two).
2) If Maggitt started at DE he would give us the best pass rush off the edge since Little.  Maggitt essentially played DE the 2nd half in passing situations, though he was the NT on one play and he walked around the DL a couple of times.
3) I'm less concerned with the OL.  We had fewer individual breakdowns after the 1st quarter.  It will be difficult to run on the croc front 7 but I think we will run enough to keep them honest.
4) Teague is playing well at corner.
5) Lanier played the best corner opposite Teague Saturday with Evans a close 2nd IMO.  That being said, I still believe that if Randolph continues to develop we may see Wagner move back to corner. 
6) Couch played well, better than the first game.
7) The WRs are running some nice routes and appear to have at least some of the option routes down.  Roger had one catch I believe had the option of going inside and that was where Rogers wanted to go but the defender overplayed the inside and he cut outside for the completion.
8) Dallas got more snaps this game than the first.  Not sure he knows where to line up yet but he knows what to do after the snap.  He may be ready to step up when we get to game 4 after the bye.
9) We don't have enough DL players but the ones we have are very good.  Bohanon improved considerably this game.  We very much were playeing situational packages Saturday.
10)  We have a shot at the crocs.  We have to play better than the first two games but with the skill players we have on both sides of the ball we have a shot. 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:33:07 EDT »

1 - agree on fullback, he started and he is doing what Fugate wasn't, blocking well
4 - Noticed Teague's play. You don't hear his name called much, which is good for a corner. He locks it down.
5 - Agree Lanier played well, he is bigger and a little more physical. We'll need good tackling vs the crocs on their speed guys
6 - Couch did very well, Dooley even said it. His knee is a concern though.
8 - Dallas will be a solid option within a few games
10 - more than a shot. I think we'll win
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: