VTTW Board Index
April 25, 2024, 01:37:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Predictions? Yes, I know it's Tuesday  (Read 13232 times)
10EC
« on: September 13, 2011, 02:46:19 EDT »

I see this as 34 - 28 Vols.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 03:01:53 EDT »

Will Muschamp throws a visor?????

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 03:28:45 EDT »

21-17  VOLS!!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 03:46:57 EDT »

Too early for me... anything I said today would change by Friday.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:55:17 EDT »

This was my pre season prediction:

"So, the rivalry continues. This game was much closer than the final score indicates last year. It should not have been, because FL had a decided talent edge last year. The talent gap is much less this year with UT , but FL still has more talent, especially on defense. The question is, how will the offense do. QB John Brantley is questionable. He is learning a new pro style offense. He has no real backup, as Tyler Murphy and jeff Driskel are really not ready. The running game will feature guys like Demps, Rainey, Burton, and Gillislee. Burton is the wild card in the new offense. The guy to watch at WR will be soph Quinton Dunbar, who Weis will use a lot in his pro style offense. Look for Thompson and Hammond to get lots of  playing time as well. The OL is the big concern, as they Gators lost 4 veterans. On defense the DL will be the strength of the entire team. I look for this to actually be a low scoring game, but the Vols get Dooley’s first major win. Prediction  UT  21  FL  17"

I think we win, but I think it may be closer to 31-24.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 04:53:29 EDT »

I may sit this one out.  :-D
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 05:03:03 EDT »

As I said yesterday, I think UT is overall evenly matched to UF, though I think UT has the advantage in QB and WR.

I say, UT - 27 UF - 17

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 05:29:42 EDT »

which I feel confident. I like our passing game against their secondary but I'm not confident that we are prepared for the pressure I'm sure Florida will attempt to apply (I don't think any DC will allow Bray time to make his read and throw unharassed, he's proven he'll pick ya apart). I expect lots of blitzing and attempts to confuse Bray with converages. If we can protect Bray, I like our chances...of course if we can get the run game going I like our chances regardless but our OL seems to pass block even on running plays (i.e. no firing off the line and driving the man across from them, they stand up and just try to walk the DL back). I watched the Florida/UAB replay and they looked good but again it was UAB. Their RBs are fast and elusive. The pass game wasn't intimidating IMO. I think defensively we need to contain the RBs, I don't think they can beat us in the passing game alone. Their kicker looks better than Palardy so I give them an edge there. Soooo, since this is both teams first real test....I'm going Vols 27  Gators 23.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 05:40:02 EDT »

I haven't come to a conclusion on this "perdictin" for this week. I'll try to formulate by Thursday.

However, I have a bad feeling that this week is when UT gets a "celebration" penalty. I can't believe that D. Rogers didn't get one when he scored a TD and held his arms out wide like he was accepting applause. Hopefully the penalty doesn't result in a loss of points.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 06:23:37 EDT »

I haven't come to a conclusion on this "perdictin" for this week. I'll try to formulate by Thursday.

However, I have a bad feeling that this week is when UT gets a "celebration" penalty. I can't believe that D. Rogers didn't get one when he scored a TD and held his arms out wide like he was accepting applause. Hopefully the penalty doesn't result in a loss of points.

I don't think the rules have been change to redefine what is celebration and what isn't, only the timing of when it can be called and how it affects the play. I don't think either of Da'Rick's TD celebrations were worthy of a flag. On the one where he lost his helmet he held the ball up initially to show the ref he had it. Guys are allowed to celebrate.

The one that I worry about is the jumping into each other after catching a TD. I'd rather they never leave their feet. But holding your arms up to the crowd or pointing to the crowd (as Hunter has done) can't be a penalty as long as it's not prolonged or taunting. Talk about taking the fun out of the game if they did that.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
10EC
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 06:48:15 EDT »

like he was accepting applause.

I honestly think he held his hands up in shock that we freaking caught that ball...
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 06:49:11 EDT »

I also have nightmares about a TN td getting taken off the board at a critical moment.  But I fantasize about it happening to UF.  :-D
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 07:11:52 EDT »

On Sunday I said Florida would win. Today I think Tennessee will win.

Who knows; it's going to be a close game. For the first time since 2006, Tennessee has a legitimate chance at winning. Beyond that, I'm afraid to make a prediction.
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 07:41:06 EDT »

If the game was here I'd predict a UT upset, but it's in the Swamp. I feel like we have a good chance for the upset, and I hope it happens, but I'll predict a 31-28 UF victory.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2011, 07:49:08 EDT »

I honestly think he held his hands up in shock that we freaking caught that ball...

I think what we saw was pure unadulterated joy. Our three great offensive players are 19 years old.

Hopefully they won't let that get the best of them emotionally, but there is value in that IMO.

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 07:51:48 EDT »

I don't think the rules have been change to redefine what is celebration and what isn't, only the timing of when it can be called and how it affects the play. I don't think either of Da'Rick's TD celebrations were worthy of a flag. On the one where he lost his helmet he held the ball up initially to show the ref he had it. Guys are allowed to celebrate.

The one that I worry about is the jumping into each other after catching a TD. I'd rather they never leave their feet. But holding your arms up to the crowd or pointing to the crowd (as Hunter has done) can't be a penalty as long as it's not prolonged or taunting. Talk about taking the fun out of the game if they did that.

I agree that they haven't redefined celebration. I'm saying that we're getting close to violating the rule. And it's not the jumping into each other. I think the refs think that's fine. And the holding the arms up and pointing to the crowd might not seem a violation to you and me, but those are the very things that get the penalties. A. J. Green merely walked (strutted) briefly toward the crowd. You never know which refs have the itchly flag finger.
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 07:54:51 EDT »

The TD he caught between the two players isn't the one I'm talking about. The one I'm referring to is the other one which he caught and then turned to the end zone crowd and held out his arms like he was going to take a bow. I think that's the thing that will get the penalty.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:49 EDT »

I agree that they haven't redefined celebration. I'm saying that we're getting close to violating the rule. And it's not the jumping into each other. I think the refs think that's fine. And the holding the arms up and pointing to the crowd might not seem a violation to you and me, but those are the very things that get the penalties. A. J. Green merely walked (strutted) briefly toward the crowd. You never know which refs have the itchly flag finger.

True. Refs have bad temper days just like anyone else.

I never thought that Da'Rick was going to get a penalty for the first one though and I'd blow a gasket if he did. He might get that one on the road because it could be seen as taunting the crowd.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 08:25:14 EDT »

The penalty for celebrating AFTER A SCORE has not changed. It would be 15 yards, but the score counts. Da'rick's score would have counted even if he did somersaults.

The difference this year is if you celebrate BEFORE scoring, like players running into the field celebrating, high stepping into the endzone, taunting a player as you cross the goal line. I think this will happen to defenses or special teams when they score (happened to USC saturday).

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 08:33:57 EDT »

The penalty for celebrating AFTER A SCORE has not changed. It would be 15 yards, but the score counts. Da'rick's score would have counted even if he did somersaults.

The difference this year is if you celebrate BEFORE scoring, like players running into the field celebrating, high stepping into the endzone, taunting a player as you cross the goal line. I think this will happen to defenses or special teams when they score (happened to USC saturday).

Correct and I meant to say this in my first post but got distracted in talking about Da'Rick.

The Pac 12 ruled that players running on to the field was a dead ball foul even though it occurred during the play because it was by players who weren't involved in the play, so they retroactively counted the score.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 08:36:54 EDT »

The Pac 12 ruled that players running on to the field was a dead ball foul even though it occurred during the play because it was by players who weren't involved in the play, so they retroactively counted the score.

FWIW, I heard Rocky Goode on the Sports Animal yesterday afternoon and he explained why the final ruling was the correct one. It's embarrassing for the live officials that they screwed it up in the beginning, as it caused a big mess when they fixed it.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 08:51:21 EDT »

This year's squad is smoking on offense and getting better on defense. I think Tennessee plays tough against a more experienced Florida team but falls a bit short,35-28.  I like the progress the team is making and think they can win 8 games. I hope when Georgia fires Richt for going 6-6 they don't come after Coach Dooley.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 08:59:43 EDT »

This year's squad is smoking on offense and getting better on defense. I think Tennessee plays tough against a more experienced Florida team but falls a bit short,35-28.  I like the progress the team is making and think they can win 8 games. I hope when Georgia fires Richt for going 6-6 they don't come after Coach Dooley.
Welcome to the board!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 09:02:03 EDT »

Welcome to the board!

Thanks for the Welcome! I'm a huge Vols fan but all  My inlaws are UK fans and I catch a lot of heat. I don't know who I "hate" worse UK,Alabama or Georgia!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:39 EDT »

Thanks for the Welcome! I'm a huge Vols fan but all  My inlaws are UK fans and I catch a lot of heat. I don't know who I "hate" worse UK,Alabama or Georgia!

I'll answer that for you. You hate bammer worse.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: