VTTW Board Index
March 29, 2024, 07:35:12 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had to pick four new schools to join the SEC,who would they be?  (Read 6026 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:18:53 EDT »

I think the best teams to pick would be Texas A&M and Missouri for the SEC West and Clemson and North Carolina(I pick North Carolina because FSU will happy to stay in the ACC since they are powerful again and likely to be 11-1 or so for the forceable future ) for the SEC East.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:47:13 EDT »

I think the best teams to pick would be Texas A&M and Missouri for the SEC West and Clemson and North Carolina(I pick North Carolina because FSU will happy to stay in the ACC since they are powerful again and likely to be 11-1 or so for the forceable future ) for the SEC East.

Clemson, you say? I'm ok with this. 101stDad, what do you think?

Bammer suxes! That is all!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:54 EDT »

Clemson, you say? I'm ok with this. 101stDad, what do you think?

Clemson is seemingly more likely than Georgia Tech,FSU,NC State or Virginia Tech. I don't like Clempson either

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:50 EDT »

Clemson is seemingly more likely than Georgia Tech,FSU,NC State or Virginia Tech. I don't like Clempson either
Correct terminolgy for "Auburn with a lake"  is "rat bastards"  101 and/or droner can provide the background at thier lesiure.

Having had the misfortune to have to spend time there, I tend to agree.  Though I have to admit that the Tiger Town Inn has certain, err, "advantages"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 01:50:21 EDT »

Kliempsien?  The Rat Bastard tiglets?  In the SEC?  You should immediately be banned from this forum forever just for even mentioning that possiblity.  (trying to insert the giving the finger emoticon here, but apparently The Boss has broken the board and it won't insert)

There is no way Kliempsein would add anything to the SEC.  Expansion is about adding TV markets.  The SEC already owns the South Carolina market with the Cocks, and with UGA being only some 80 miles from Kliempsein and the Pups already owning Atlanta, there is nothing to be added in that direction, either.  The Rat Bastards don't bring anything at all to the table.  

In my perfect world, we get aTm with its #s 5 and 10 TV markets in Dallas and Houston, and we bring in Mizzou and the St. Louis and Kansas City markets.  

Then in the other direction, we package VPI and UVA (which is the only way we get VPI) and get the DC, Tidewater, and Richmond makets, along with a presence in Baltimore.  

Really?  Kliempsein in the SEC?  Having to go to that hamlet next to the sewer that they call Lake Hartwell every other year?  That makes me puke just to think about.  Besides, I don't think the statute of limitations has run out on that thing yet, so I couldn't make the trip.  
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:51:59 EDT by 101stDad » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:11:51 EDT »

If I could have anyone I wanted:  UNC, VPI, aTm, and OU.  Realistically:  FSU, VPI, aTm, and Mizzou.

Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 04:25:47 EDT »

TXAM, MO, NCST, and WVU. NCST is the only reach but they have the same characteristics as A&M in that they are under the NC/Duke shadow like A&M was with Tejas. Getting NCST would be good as it bring the state of North Carolina more in play for talent and Tennessee would be one of the schools that could be in a position to capitalize.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 05:41:13 EDT »

...I don't think the statute of limitations has run out on that thing yet, so I couldn't make the trip.  

Just don't wear this T-shirt & nobody will know it's you!

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 02:23:05 EDT »

Kliempsien?  The Rat Bastard tiglets?  In the SEC?  You should immediately be banned from this forum forever just for even mentioning that possiblity.  (trying to insert the giving the finger emoticon here, but apparently The Boss has broken the board and it won't insert)

Hmmmm....that's funny. I thought you would be all up for the idea  .

Bammer suxes! That is all!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 04:00:48 EDT »

I can think of different categories of teams.

In the "I want to piss off certain posters" category, I would say Baylor, Duke, Rice, and SMU.  (laughing emoticon goes here)

In the "recreate the Old Confederacy" category, we need UNC, Virginia, Tamu and either VaTech or Texas Tech...West Virginia might qualify on a technicality.

In the "pure football power" category, we would bring in Texas, OU, FSU, and until recently I would have said Miami, but Tamu might do just fine.  Clemson might have some pretentions, but not in  a long time.

In the "TV dream team" category, we have Texas (state of Texas and brand recognition), Missouri (assuming Kansas City and St. Louis together are good TV markets), OU (brand recognition) and VaTech/Virginia or even Maryland (middle east coast TV).

In the "reality based" category, we have Tamu and Missouri.  Forget the other two.  But if I must pick, then West Virginia and VaTech seem likely.

Final note...I would not mind seeing GaTech come back into the fold.  I like the school and the rather ancient SEC tradition they have.  I think UT used to have a healthy rivalry with them.

Notice I don't include Clempson...I think we have South Carolina covered.

Okay, can't resist.  One final category..."absorb the parts of the Big 12 that make the most sense"...Texas, Tamu, OU and OSU.  OR "absorb the parts of the Big 12 that make sense but fizzle Texas" Tamu, OU, OSU, and Missouri.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
101stDad
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 04:02:23 EDT »

Just don't wear this T-shirt & nobody will know it's you!

Ah, the memories.  Worth orange lettered Tennessee Thumper, 34 inch, 31 ounce, B-9 swing weight.   (would insert the naught emoticon here if the Boss hadn't broken them)  

I actually still have that bat, by the way.  It was the best aluminum baseball bat of its generation.  My son called it a lead pipe when he swung it a few times in BP.  
bUTros bUTros-VOLlie
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2011, 08:21:36 EDT »

If I can pick anyone - Ga. Tech, N. Carolina, Virginia and Missouri. (As a fan, I like it the way it is...with no additions.)
I have no idea (other than the enormous amount of money they've been accumulating from donors in the last decade or so) why aTm is probably gonna be an SEC team. I'd be just as excited by Indiana joining. Plus, I dread hearing that droid-sounding "mehhhh" noise from all their robotic fans while they twirl hankies. Reminds me of Jim Carrey's "Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" noise from "Dumb and Dumber". I heard enough of that watching the Cotton Bowl. Like Dooley said, "It's not about the money. It's about the amount."

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their Orange. - Qwerty Vol Underwood
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: