VTTW Board Index
April 20, 2024, 07:27:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold on to your hats, I'm attempting to upgrade the board to the latest software  (Read 6396 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:37:48 EDT »

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:41:38 EDT »

Well... that didn't work for some reason... maybe because of the PHP version. I dropped back to what I know works and will try the upgrade another time. It's a major version release, so it's more involved than normal patching.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 10:49:20 EDT »

Well... that didn't work for some reason... maybe because of the PHP version. I dropped back to what I know works and will try the upgrade another time. It's a major version release, so it's more involved than normal patching.

Have you deployed to QA yet, and gone through the appropriate test scripts? Have the test scripts been passed?  What about UAT? Has that been completed? Unit, System, Integration and Load testing has been done and approved, I assume?  Have you received the appropriate sign-offs? And if you did the deployment to QA, you have someone else on the Run side to deploy to Production, right? Being as you want to stay SOx compliant, and all.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
10EC
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:50:45 EDT »

Have you deployed to QA yet, and gone through the appropriate test scripts? Have the test scripts been passed?  What about UAT? Has that been completed? Unit, System, Integration and Load testing has been done and approved, I assume?  Have you received the appropriate sign-offs? And if you did the deployment to QA, you have someone else on the Run side to deploy to Production, right? Being as you want to stay SOx compliant, and all.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:43 EDT »

I take this as a "NO"????

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:37 EDT »

I don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore and boy do I love it.

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 11:01:36 EDT »

I don't have to deal with any of that crap anymore and boy do I love it.

I just got out of that world, and boy am I going to love it.  Add on top of all that an Internal Audit  department that had a power trip and it hell on earth.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
10EC
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:00 EDT »

I take this as a "NO"????

It wouldn't let me put a emoticon
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 11:18:53 EDT »

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 11:19:39 EDT »

I have fallen into that category myself (?!?!?). WTF?

G
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 11:19:53 EDT »

Seems to be working OK now... 

VOLveeta
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 01:32:44 EDT »

Please add the Pong and Tetris options to VTTW.

Thank you,
yer pal™,
VOLveeta
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 01:36:05 EDT »

Thank you,
yer pal™,
VOLveeta
Who are you and why are you posting here????

How is your new job going?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 02:11:40 EDT »

Thank you,
yer pal™,
VOLveeta

I thought about you the other day. I passed a guy in a Geo Metro. Do you still have it?
VOLveeta
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 03:19:11 EDT »

I'm loving the new job and Roanoke.  It's a fantastic town, possibly the friendliest place I've ever been.  The Geo's still in Flat Rock, I moved in a big truck and towed my Tacoma.  We rented a little house within walking distance of Ava's school.  I love walking her to school every morning.

The potential here is great, but right now both our theatres are undergoing extensive renovations so these first few months are all about fundraising.  But I really can't say enough about Roanoke... it's a heck of a town.   

yer pal™,
VOLveeta
VOLveeta
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 03:24:32 EDT »

Here are some pics, btw, if you are interested:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150184268619396.316615.613979395&l=c9148e2bb0&type=1
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: