VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 03:52:56 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like Tennessee has a new opponent for the 2012 football season  (Read 6314 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2011, 03:31:27 EDT »

The Georgia State Panthers  http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-state-sports/2011/09/12/georgia-state-will-play-tennessee-in-college-football 

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:56 EDT »

Wasn't Tennessee supposed to have played Ohio State in Columbus in 2012? If so could this mean Tennessee bought out of that game?

101stDad
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 04:39:02 EDT »

Wasn't Tennessee supposed to have played Ohio State in Columbus in 2012? If so could this mean Tennessee bought out of that game?

I think that game was shelved because of Nebraska's joining the Big 10(used to be 11)(now is actually 12) and their having to rework their conference schedule.  If memory serves, that series is now scheduled for on down the road a bit.  

And an edit:  Isn't Bill Curry still at GSU?  The positive of that is that we don't have to listen to him as a color analyst any longer.  (would insert rolleyes emotiocon here if I could). 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 04:41:31 EDT by 101stDad » Logged
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 04:45:23 EDT »

I think that game was shelved because of Nebraska's joining the Big 10(used to be 11)(now is actually 12) and their having to rework their conference schedule.  If memory serves, that series is now scheduled for on down the road a bit.  

And an edit:  Isn't Bill Curry still at GSU?  The positive of that is that we don't have to listen to him as a color analyst any longer.  (would insert rolleyes emotiocon here if I could).  

Yep,He sure is! Bill said in the urinal constipation that they were playing the game because the GSU players deserved to be able to play in a historic stadium like Neyland Stadium. I think They're doing it for the huge money though,LOL

101stDad
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 04:48:17 EDT »

I think They're doing it for the huge money though,LOL

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  Of course it is for the money.

GSU played at Alabama last year, by the way, so we aren't the first big money grab for GSU. 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 04:50:55 EDT »

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  Of course it is for the money.

GSU played at Alabama last year, by the way, so we aren't the first big money grab for GSU. 

Does Tennessee play the UT Chattanooga Mocs in 2013? I thought I heard someone mention that while I was at work in Chattanooga

101stDad
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 04:52:30 EDT »

Does Tennessee play the UT Chattanooga Mocs in 2013? I thought I heard someone mention that while I was at work in Chattanooga

They are on the schedule sometime in the next two or three years.  Not sure which year off the top of my head. 
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 04:58:11 EDT »

It's a good thing that Majors is still not coaching the VOLS.  Curry always had his number.

Wherever you go, there you are.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:12 EDT »

I think it's good to play a couple of easier opponents before UF, especially with a young team.  And since you can't really plan schedules years down the road based on your roster, I wouldn't mind us taking this approach for awhile.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 06:34:21 EDT »

It's a good thing that Majors is still not coaching the VOLS.  Curry always had his number.

Curry had lots of folks' numbers at GaTech and Alabama. Voluntarily leaving Tuscaloosa to take the job at UK, which defies all logic, was his undoing. He's a pretty good coach.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 06:40:01 EDT »

Curry had lots of folks' numbers at GaTech and Alabama. Voluntarily leaving Tuscaloosa to take the job at UK, which defies all logic, was his undoing. He's a pretty good coach.

I think He would have been forced out at Alabama had He not left when He did. Bill had two strikes on him already when He took that job and getting bricks thrown through your office window is good incentive to resign.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 06:45:54 EDT »

Closer to 2020

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: