VTTW Board Index
April 23, 2024, 10:31:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for a new phone (Sprint). Suggestions?  (Read 2419 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:55:40 EDT »

I want a good screen and browser. I have comcast at home and qualify for espn3 online and would like to watch football games on-the-go. Using the phone for a PC connection a must. Cnet rates the Evo 3-D and the Motorola Photon as two of the best (4 stars), but the Evo has little memory, 1G for storage, and there are customer complaints on the Photon's blue screen of death.

I'm open to suggestions......

G

Thx
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:01:10 EDT by GreggO » Logged
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:11:27 EDT »

Evo 3-D----Have it great choice if in Nashville area 4G is sweet!
Motorola Photon---nice phone still working a few bugs out.

I love the EVO the 4G and 3D both, and I will put it up against any phone.

Also, the Samsung Epic touch is begin released, but release phones like Photon are subject to more issues.

Shoot me PM if you are in Nashville, Knoxville or Chattanooga.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:13:12 EDT »

I want a good screen and browser. I have comcast at home and qualify for espn3 online and would like to watch football games on-the-go. Using the phone for a PC connection a must. Cnet rates the Evo 3-D and the Motorola Photon as two of the best (4 stars), but the Evo has little memory, 1G for storage, and there are customer complaints on the Photon's blue screen of death.

I'm open to suggestions......

G

Thx

I have the regular EVO from Sprint and I love it and I can honestly say I am not a smartphone jumper....and if a phone impresses me color it great.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 02:27:53 EDT »

Evo 3-D----Have it great choice if in Nashville area 4G is sweet!
Motorola Photon---nice phone still working a few bugs out.

I love the EVO the 4G and 3D both, and I will put it up against any phone.

Also, the Samsung Epic touch is begin released, but release phones like Photon are subject to more issues.

Shoot me PM if you are in Nashville, Knoxville or Chattanooga.

I live in Knoxville, in Chattanooga a lot.

The more I read, the more I'm leaning toward the Evo. Agreed on the Photon issues; I was actually surprised a Moto was rated as high as it was.

The 3D stuff on the Evo is really something I will probably rarely use. Of course, that might change after I play with it a while. I take a lot of photos for work and when I leave "work-mode", I just don't shoot that many photos anymore. Ever since I switched to digital and quit using my SLR camera, I just don't have the same interest I once had for phtography (years ago my Dad had a dark room where we processed B&W film and made our own prints). I used to hate "point and shoot" cameras because I couldn't manipulate shutter speeds and light. So, we'll see what happens if I get the Evo.

Thanks for the info, folks!

G
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: