VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 08:20:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What two things do Drew Brees, Kyle Orton, and Tyler Bray have in common?  (Read 1877 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2011, 06:19:09 EDT »

The first is great performances last weekend:

Bray was 34/41 for 405 yards,  4 TDs, and 0 ints
Brees was 32/49 for 414 yards, 3 TDs, and 0 ints
Orton was 24/46 for 306 yards, 1 TD and 1 int (okay, not "great" but not too shabby either)

The second thing is that they all have a the same college QB coach.  

Seriously Brees was considered overated coming out of college.  People thought he was an average NFL QB at best.  Everyone is shocked that Orton is playing in the NFL at all.  ICBW, but to me that suggests they were coached up pretty well in college.

Has Bray exceeded your expectations?  He has shattered mine, shizzlety pass defenses or no.  

I feel pretty good about our QB development and passing offense for the near future.  I just hope we can hold on to Coach Chaney.  Of course, that may depend on whether we hold on to DOOLEY, lol.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 03:53:36 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 01:22:26 EDT »

My bro in law and I were talking at the Cincy game about how lucky we are to have Chaney.  He's an excellent playcaller and evidently a good developer of qb's, like you said.  I hope we can hold on to him, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: