VTTW Board Index
April 26, 2024, 08:05:50 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis of the Florida offense  (Read 5899 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2011, 08:20:16 EDT »

Using the UAB and FAU video (linked below) -

1- They have a good kick returner in Debose. Hope the coverage team keeps doing well. Rather see Mr. Palardy kick them into the end zone
2 - Rainey and Demps, more Rainey and Demps. They use these guys in sweeps, screens, flare outs, draw plays, reverses etc. They use a lot of the formation where Brantley is standing in shotgun with a back to each side, and both backs flare out, he throws it to one of them.  Rainey is very slippery and fast, and Demps appears to be more of the straight ahead speed guy. Neither guy is a tackle breaker, they're just hard to get to. They use Rainey in the wildcat as well. Lots of formations. Bottom line is that we need to tackle well!
3 - Gillislee is their inside runner, but he's not anything special. They also use Burton as a runner and he has good power and speed.
4 - WRs are ok. Thompson is average and Dunbar is inexperienced. Jordan Reed the TE is pretty good and a big target
5 -  Brantley is an average QB. He doesn't have a great arm, but can throw accurately if given time. We need to get in his face some. He also tends to stare his WR down. Watch the pass he throws at the 7:00 minute mark.
6 - Gators did not finish a lot of their drives  and settled for FGs
7 - They sometimes throw out patterns, and they take a LOOONG time to get there.  UAB guys weren't good enough, but that could be a pick 6 for us. Watch for it.
8 - Just watching their offense if I am the Defensive coach, I try to pressure Brantley. A lot of their passing game can be messed up if you get a hand in his face. The cornerbacks have to play physical. LB and safety play will be crucial. If they line up with a guy to each side of Brantley in the shotgun, it is almost always going to one of them, so cover it. UAB and FAU didn't cover it at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2hvyfsEt1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJF7R5HXzVY
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:34:32 EDT by Volznut » Logged
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:19:37 EDT »

Rainey and Demps against our lb's is what worries me.     
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 09:29:13 EDT »

I really don't know how they're going to move the ball at all.  I doubt they'll get a single first down.

Go Vols and I'll hang up and listen.  ;-)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 09:31:57 EDT »

Rainey and Demps against our lb's is what worries me.     

They will get their yards. We will too. I think the key for us will be to hold them to FG attempts in the red zone. FL has bogged down in the red zone and kicked a lot of Fgs already this year.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 10:05:04 EDT »

I just hope our o-line can manage enough to convert a 3rd and 1. If we can't we lose.

I really hope they have been playing possum but pretty sure that is not the case.   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 01:55:49 EDT »

The thing that concerns me about this game is how in the past the running game winner has won.   Then again, the great majority of those games were under Fulmer, which might actually matter.  I guess we will find out.

BTW, their run offense was not crushing against us last year.  They got 150 yards, but only averaged 3.1 per carry.   Then again, their offense last year struggled against the patsy teams they opened against, so I am not reading a whole lot into that.

I will say this...Muschamp is not an offensive coach, and I don't view Weiss as a coach that concentrates on the running game.  It seems he is known more for developing a passing attack.  But I freely admit that is not something I have looked into in detail.  However I do know this....when in the last 10 years have either Notre Dame or New England been known for running the ball?  I know that New England had Tom Brady and Jimmy Clausen did well at Notre Dame, but I just don't ever remember thinking about an awesome rush attack at either school.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01:17 EDT »

Kansas City under Weis last year led the NFL in rushing
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 11:54:58 EDT »

And cheeseburgers.
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 12:49:12 EDT »

Man could use Jenny Craig for sure
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 02:03:49 EDT »

Kansas City had Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles

JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 10:13:18 EDT »

We have some pretty darn good RB's ourselves.

BTW anyone who thinks UF has shown more than 20% of their playbook so far is kidding themselves. None of us know the UF offense yet, it has not been shown on the filed, just snippets. One reason UF fans are so nervous, we just don't know what we have on offense or defense since it has all been so vanilla so far.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 11:32:10 EDT »

You do realize we likely haven't shown much either don't you?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 11:33:58 EDT »

No IV, we are the only oblivious ones... Just like every year.  ;-)
JimmyV
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 07:44:04 EDT »

Well this post was about the Florida offense. If you care to widen it fine, pardon me for sticking to topic 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 03:30:49 EDT »

My analysis....they SUXES

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: